• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC 60 help / question

EternalAudio

Just bought a used PC 60.. Loaded the CMYK ribbons, went to do a self test, and now its flashing the BUSY LED and the COLOR LED. I looked in the user manual for why/how to fix.. but cant find anything...

Any ideas?

woolly

busy light means it has data and trying to use it
colour light flashing - it cant find the correct colour cart to continue or its come to the end of the ribbon

woolly

Todd Jelle

Yea, it sounds like its out of a ribbon, prolly yellow (as it looks for it first.)
If not,make sure the bar code numbers are in place & you have CMYK loaded.
this could be related to your software.

What software are you using?

make sure you have the correct profiles loaded for your software, for the roland.
also make sure you have the corresponding ribbons loaded, as the pc 60 uses both resin & wax ribbons.

D

DARLAK

it has been a long time since i had one of those, but can the cart's go in backward? seems to ring a bell...

EternalAudio

I double checked to make sure the cartridge is in correctly.

But now I dont think the BASE / CLEAR button is working to let me into factory mode. Any way to test this button?