• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pc-60

jbennett

Does anyone own a PC-60? What are the largest single print images that it is capable of? Is it best for smaller decal type stuff? Also, what is the average /sq ft. print price? All help is appreciated.

jbennett

weaselboogie

Yes. Good for cutting vinyl and small occasional print work, and I stress small and occasional. Expensive to print. The good part is that it's resin based so you can get 5 years without fade. The 60 as opposed to the 600 uses more ribbon (yes ribbon). If you are just printing 1 - 4" decal, the ribbon will run the entire 24", not printing, just wasting. the print head scratch very easily because they are in direct contact with the vinyl. Any dirt and you're replacing it. We used to clean the vinyl before we printed even if it was fresh off the roll and still had to replace the head 3 times! For some reason I was thinking it was costing US $10+ per sq ft to print , our cost.

jbennett

WOW, thanks weasel for the specifics. I am out on it and will just keep saving for a 30" versacamm. I was trying to figure out if it would even be a good way to get into printing in the interim, but think it would just be money wasted.

jbennett

Jackpine

WOW, thanks weasel for the specifics. I am out on it and will just keep saving for a 30" versacamm. I was trying to figure out if it would even be a good way to get into printing in the interim, but think it would just be money wasted.

jbennett
See if you can find a PC 600. They are a newer model and have a ribbon saving feature.
I printed 90% in RGB CMY mode and you would need a magnifying glass to see the difference. It saved 25% orf the ribbon cost. You can print on intermediate gloss white vinyl. I used ShineRite from Fellers, but 651 or 751 would do fine. Keep the dust away and clean the print head when it is hot and it will last.