• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC-600 Question

fivepoints

I'm a retired Printer/Sign maker that wants to get my hands back into some sign making as a hobby or side line to keep me busy. When I got out of the business I was using the Roland PC-60 using Corel Draw 9 with Drawmate 9 using Windows 98. Now that I am wanting to get back into it I bought a very little used PC-600 and I'm using XP-Pro operating system, and lo and behold I now find out that I can't use my CD 9 with Drawmate as it don't work with Windows XP. So my question is I am now thinking of buying Smart Designer 4.5 and hook it up to Corel Draw X5 and still use the Windows XP. I had one guy tell me that the PC-600 won't work with that software, but I had a couple others tell me that they use it everyday with the setup. What is the truth? I would like some expert opinions about what will and won't work using the PC-600. As I done have it, that is what I need to use though I would rethink buying it if I had to do it all over again. :notworthy: Please give me your opinions and any info you feel would help me get back into something I once loved to do at one time in my life.:wavingflag:

401Graphics

I remember i got a PC-600 for free cuz it wouldnt power on. Opened it up and found a loose cable, plugged it in and it worked perfect, then after realizing how slow it is and how much ribbons cost i sold it for $1600 on ebay.
If you have to change software, it may be smarter to find a used newer printer/cutter perhaps.

fivepoints

:Sleeping:es I would agree if I was still in business, but being a little slow and the little I will be printing shouldn't be a problem. Can anybody tell me if they have any information that would help me? I am getting ready to buy Smart Designer 4.5 with Corel Draw CS-5 and I'm even thinking about getting their Go Cut software now also. Has anyone used that cutting software? Good or bad.:thankyou:

AUTO-FX

I have a copy of Flexisignpro 7.6 (with a serial cable dongle and the manual) I would sell you. In fact, at one time I ran 2 PC-600's with it. PM me if your interested.