• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PCut 1200 Driver.

BigMike806

Well I have been using my PCut 1200 for a little bit for some small things and it works very well for a cheap cutter.

I am about to do some switching over however and want to make sure I am prepared.

I will be moving in to a new computer that does not have a serial port and was wondering if an expansion card will work. I am also thinking about getting Flexi 7.5 and was wondering if a driver is needed to run it; and if so where can I find one.

Rod

SignLab provides wide selection devices

BigMike806 said:
Well I have been using my PCut 1200 for a little bit for some small things and it works very well for a cheap cutter.

I am about to do some switching over however and want to make sure I am prepared.

I will be moving in to a new computer that does not have a serial port and was wondering if an expansion card will work. I am also thinking about getting Flexi 7.5 and was wondering if a driver is needed to run it; and if so where can I find one.

The SignLab Vinyl Pro package supports a wide range of devices, including the PCut 1200. This will give you more options later when upgrading cutter and getting into print graphics. Note that you need to set DMPL mode from the cutter control panel.

For hooking up your new computer, check previous signs101 threads. Essentially need a USB-to-serial adapter.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

BigMike806

DMPL mode...

I don't see anywhere on the control panel a way to adjust to DMPL mode. The manual says it is DM-PL/HT-GL automatic identification, so hopefully I won't have any probs. I am downloading the trial version now...