• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pearl/Metallic Printing

deegrafix

I'm looking for someone that can print a wrap for a big truck (a mobile bank) in pearl colors, including shades of "white". We also may need to send several proofs, working with an internationally award winning interior designer. It will be a one of a kind, fabulous wrap. The truck is being built now so the final work is months down the road but we will need samples and quotes fairly soon. Please pm me if you have this capability and are interested.

Dee

Christian @ 2CT Media

We print on 3M 1080 Pearl White and Laminate with 8518 all the time... works great and you can make just about any color you want. We have a Latex, but I'm sure the newer Eco Solvents could do it too!

Christian @ 2CT Media

I think I have a short roll of it that I can print a couple samples for you, if you want to send a file. That way you can see if that process will work for you and you can find a supplier to do it for you.

deegrafix

Have you tried wrapping anything really curvy with the double laminate? I'll have to do the freightliner cab as well and it's a curvy beast, like this one.

Attachments

• e_3_suntrust.vehicle_thumbnail.jpg
    e_3_suntrust.vehicle_thumbnail.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 80

deegrafix

I think I have a short roll of it that I can print a couple samples for you, if you want to send a file. That way you can see if that process will work for you and you can find a supplier to do it for you.

That would be great! So far I only have a couple phone conversations and a sample of some white pearl vinyl that is not 3M. As soon as I can get some colors from him I'll be in touch. Thank you!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have also printed on the ARLON 2600LX and AVERY 900 Supreme Pearls and they look great too if you are trying to use something other then 3M.

email me: christian@2ctmedia.com a couple of clips of the image or I can print my standard samples I use and send it to you.

deegrafix

Thanks to 2CT Media for the responses!

Does anyone have the metallic printer or can recommend someone who has one? The client would like to see a sample of metallic printed on pearl, a shadow graphic effect. The wrap will be framed in flashing green LED lighting, lol.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Cool just wanted to make sure you got it. Our post office here had software issues last week and half my mail never got sent out.

Btw I have a wholesale client that has a Roland with Silver ink I can ask him to test printing on pearl. I know he charges alot for the Silver ink usage though as its really slow and expensive.

graphicwarning

Btw I have a wholesale client that has a Roland with Silver ink I can ask him to test printing on pearl. I know he charges alot for the Silver ink usage though as its really slow and expensive.

I have a Roland VS with Silver, and I can confirm it's slow and expensive. However, I'd sure be interested in seeing the results of someone printing the silver on pearl... might be quite interesting!

deegrafix

I told the client I wasn't even sure if it can be done, and if it could it would very likely be costly. He's still interested. I get the feeling that the result is more important than the cost, within reason. Let's try a sample! I'll get you some artwork.

jfiscus

Rap Master
How much of it is going to be metallic?
We have used the "metallic laminates" in the past with success, I guess you could plotter-cut laminate specific to certain areas and overlam again, but now you're talking 3 layers of laminate...

Christian @ 2CT Media

No go with my contacts for silver printing on 1080... both said they have issues using their machines to print on 1080, I guess it bleeds in to the vinyl color.