• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

People that dont think...

Deaton Design

About three months ago or so, my son and I put up a sign near a busy intersection here. It was a 4x8 sign, hand painted and vinyl, advertising a local restaurant. Apparently someone decided this would be a perfect place to stick a big ol ugly banner for the football game, with duct tape. I mean, you would have to see this to believe it. It covered up a good third of the sign,and with duct tape. I tried to remove it, but the fibers and glue from the tape stayed and left a mess. They also stuck the other end of the banner on a state sign, and left a mess there too. What kind of mental block causes someone to do this? I suspect it was probably a group of teenage cheerleaders, but I dont know for sure. I know it pi**es me off to see this happen, and it aint the first time. I wish I could have caught them in the act. I would have given them a tongue lashing they wouldnt forget.:frustrated::banghead:

WildWestDesigns

Must be something either in the "bluegrass" they are smoking or in the nice mountain air. I doubt even God knows what goes through some minds.

Kottwitz-Graphics

You know, a call to the school should straighten it out...especially if the restaurant called and told the principal that because of the students lack of reguard for private property, they would be held responsible for paying for the damage.

Deaton Design

I dont know Mike. I didnt see the sign, but the aftermath. Someone told me they had hung the paper banner there. I went by to check it out and took off the tape, but it left residue and some of the fibers. I can get it off easily enough, and this is a good customer, so I wont even charge him to do it.
Its just the mentality of people that gets me. They have no concern but what it is they are doing. They become so tunnel visioned, they dont realize, or dont care that they are damaging someones property. This happened a few times before, but it was mostly people stapling yard sale signs onto signs. Idiots.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The "just don't care" or even think of what the consequences of their actions might be seems like the norm now days.

wayne k
guam usa

I glance at your avatar and can hear the grumpy old man from UP saying the words as I read them in your post.

get off my lawn you idiots......

:>)

Pat Whatley

At least twice a week I get a call from my biggest real estate customer telling me to go pull the campaign/festival/directional/sale signs off their 4x8 real estate signs. People don't think twice about stapling their sign on top of somebody elses. What really ticks me off about it is they use 500 staples in the process and I've got to pull every one of them out or they'll cause rust streaks on the signs.