• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perf Cutting on a FC9000

Mata

Hi everyone

Who's doing perf cutting on a Graphtec?

I've never bothered but I need to speed up a process and as I am on my own and setting the cutter do some work while I do something else would be a big help.

I'm using Onyx and cut server to cut my files. I'm ok with setting this side up having created a new 'cut layer setting' for contour cutting and another for perf cutting but I'm having trouble working out the right setting for perf cut.

I have set the condition on the FC9000 for contour cut which is perfect, I then set a second condition for perf cutting, I currently have the cut line pattern set to 5 (8mm down (cut line) x 0.04mm up). Although this has worked and staying in place, I think 8mm is a bit small. I'm doing A4 sheets at the moment and i think 8mm is far to small for that never mind when I do 600 x 600 sheets, no way would I use 8mm down.

I'm wondering if there is a guide i.e. 600mm long graphic, I want to have 4 points holding it to the media so my calculation would be: , 600/4 minus 0.04 = 149.96 down and 0.04 up.

Roughly ow many points are needed to hold it to the media without tearing off?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

I wonder if this post wouldn't help you through this a bit.