• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perfcut vs normal cut/weed?

Custom_Grafx

Could be a big job coming up with a lot of weeding required in near future.

During the development process of the artwork and design, the customer asked a question to which I answered "no" for now, but it has been bugging me, and has got me thinking.

As the job requires a lot of weeding... that time is a major component of the cost for this particular job. If I were to cut all the way through on my roland using the perfcut feature - would this ultimately save time weeding? Or is the time saving offset by the wear and tear of the cutting strip/blade? I also imagine there would be time involved in poking out the cuts as perf cut doesn't cut the full line and still needs you to individually push parts out.

The 'pattern' itself is a rather simple design, which should lend itself to be cut all the way through.

I'm quite certain that I'm best off just plain old weeding it... but you know how it is when you try to think of a different/better way... curiosity has got the better of me.