• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PERFORATED VINYL TROUBLES

TRACY GRAY

Anyone experiencing trouble with Perf lately? We have been having vehicles and storefront perf peeling the last couple of years. Our technique hasn't changed and we've been installing perf for over 10 years. We'll tried a couple of different brands and anything with any colored background is giving us trouble. Almost all are laminated. Just had a truck we did in Dec. come in with bad curling in corners.

petepaz

is the material old? did all the peeling prints come from the same roll? any chance you has some dirt or contamination where it's peeling? did you use cast laminate? installed when temp was low?

mkmie

Lost Soul
If you have used different perf with the same failures I agree with White Haus too much tension on the lam. Are you using the same lam each time?

TRACY GRAY

I do use the same lam. Never old material. Different rolls and brands. I did not ever even think about lam tension! It make total sense. Thanks guys. We'll loosen it up a bit and try again.

unclebun

We are having problems with perf we got during the pandemic. This year the material seems to be back to normal. The stuff felt different and handled different the last couple of years.