• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Permit in New York

copythat

I searched the archives and couldn't find anything on this. I am trying to find a way to get a permit for an erected sign that's located in my clients property.

How do I go about looking for this information.

TIA

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly.

When applying for a permit, you get the sign codes from the municipality in which your client's business is in or where the sign is going to go. You then propose a sign or refurbishing it to meet the codes of that jurisdiction. Then you apply for the permit to do the proposed work. pay the cost and then start said sign project.

If you want to move an existing sign because of high walls, you need to make sure the codes allow you to go to a height of understanding and then propose it. Otherwise, you might need to apply for a variance and those little suckers can be quite expensive.

John L

Property is surrounded with 4' high brick walls. So sign is in a good spot for advertising.

On-Premise advertising of your clients business that is located at this site? If so, contact the borough.

If not, say a prayer first, then contact the borough. (Then forget it).

copythat

Thanks for reply GINO

There is an existing pole similar to those you see on the highway. It's two sided pole 8" core and stands around 20' The company that erected 15 years ago, made agreements with owner went out of business 9 years ago. He wants to use one side for himself & to rent space on the other. So is this a little clearer.

TIA