• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

phone lines down again!!!

gabagoo

4th time my lines are down since march 22. The worst part is that when I get in touch with those that have called the number it says it has not been assigned!!
I looking for a new carrier but they all ride on mother bells back so it is all the same i am sure... Fak!!!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Pull the string a little tighter!

Thought you could use a good laugh, amidst it all.

JB

Attachments

• tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 50

Locals Find!

Any possibility you could port your number over to a VOIP service? Then as long as your highspeed internet is up assuming your not using DSL. You would at least still have phones.

gabagoo

I just want phone lines...everyday regular phone lines. Voip sucks from the few calls I get from them. I can tell immediately from the sound that it is not there yet in my area. I switching to Allstream...same thing I suppose just a different name on the cheque.

signage

Depends on your area/state, many are requiring internet lines to be buried not strung.

Those may be the newer plans but they still hit the poles at some point! Also those pedistols are just like poles if they get hit:omg: so you need to get with the 21st century and go wireless:Big Laugh

royster13

I have a couple suppliers who have switched to systems that ride on their own fibre, however, they still seem to have down time every so often....Trying to save money on phone service often comes with pain from time to time....

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Wireless...it uses a tower....which...in a sense...is a pole. Go figure.

Down near the Ohio turnpike, I saw one particular tower had to be replaced three times over two years, after it kept blowing down due to strong winds that come ripping down the open plains. The first towers twisted like little steel pretzels. Finally they built a very manly looking tower that hasn't even wimpered since.

JB

signswi

Those may be the newer plans but they still hit the poles at some point! Also those pedistols are just like poles if they get hit:omg: so you need to get with the 21st century and go wireless:Big Laugh

I maintain that wireless is good for small shops (two people, max) but a place that has multiple departments and a full staff needs a centralized shop system in addition to cell phones.

CanuckSigns

ahh good old Bell Canada, I switched to voip at home and couldn't be happier, I pay about $2.50 a month for my home phone, bell wants 10x that!

I can't say that I would be quite ready to make the switch to VOIP for the business though, maybe in a few years.

unfortunatly, Bell owns all the physical lines in Canada, so unless you go with VOIP or a cell phone, your lines will still go down no matter what company you write the cheque to.

Check out Wind mobile, they have some great unlimited cell phone plans.

Mainframe

One time my phone went down for 2 days, (fire down the street) I called Verizon right away & had my number forwarded to my cell, worked out ok.

gabagoo

so at 4:30 a bell canada repair man comes in and goes to the phone lines in the back and says they are definately dead and says he will go out to the box a block away to look into it.

he comes back about 30 minutes later and tells me that we cancelled our service. I said I am not a bell canada customer I am with primus so who took this call and maybe you could play the tape back to me seeing that you tape all your calls for training purposes. huh!!!
I also said to the guy...if I cancelled the service why would they send you out to check the lines? none of this makes sense

So now I have to call back primus and sit here on hold and explain all this to them because why would they know my lines were cancelled by them apparently... anybody lend me a gun?