• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo background removing tool found...

JoeRees

Here's something potentially useful - a new online utility from StickerMule to isolate subjects from a background. You have to sign up to use it but I tried it with several images and was very impressed with the results. This would be most handy as a comping tool for mockups as it produces a relatively low rez transparent .png file, but may save a lot of time in the right place.

https://www.stickermule.com/trace?u...19 (M7sKKS)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Deals

SystemX17

Thanks for the tip mate. Does it to a comparable job with Photoshop? Or is it just a good alternative if you don't have other software?

JoeRees

You don't get to dictate the resolution it produces so no it'll never replace photoshop bit its main strength is that it's lightning-quick - like seconds to remove these backgrounds. Here's some sample images I grabbed with a variety of backgrounds...not perfect but extremely faster than I could do manually. WOuld be great for mocking up something for approval, then do it cleaner once you had the job.

49056281813_50915ccb37_h.jpg

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
.jpg to raw looks awesome. Have you used this?

I recently bought the whole suite and am considering offering AI enhancement, cleanup and resizing as a service. The JPG to Raw is like each of the others in that it works great on some images and not so great on others.

JoeRees

I checked it out, looks good, do you subscribe?
I don't believe I've ever actually purchased anything from Sticker Mule but I am registered on the site. Registration only takes a moment and costs nothing but to automatically subscribe you to their emails which you can unsubscribe from if they get too invasive. That masking utility is part of their online toolbox to help customers create sticker layouts on the fly and put them right in the shopping cart. I would never create a piece of artwork I intended to sell in that manner but hey, if I can use it for mocking up a rough then it's a win for me.

ams

I checked it out, looks good, do you subscribe?

I used it mostly when it was free in beta and I was subscribed for about 6 months. It does work really good. Just swipe a green line on what you want to keep and swipe a red line on the rest and poof, perfect. It's great at fine line of hairs.