• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo Booth Wrap

Stacey K

I like making signs
Hi I have a client looking for me to print and wrap a photo booth. The graphics are done, I just need to send to the printer and wrap the booth. Needs it finished by Friday. I have no idea what to charge for the installation part as I've never even seen one of these before. Anyone have any experience wrapping these? Size is about 31"x83" looks to be a few parts to it. I'm guessing it's flat except for the pole in the center? I've included the template. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Also -- I'm assuming a calendared vinyl and no laminate?

Attachments

• Photobooth.pdf
    4.6 KB · Views: 300

unclebun

I have no idea what the item looks like based on the template. You likely don't either. A photo of the assembled booth would make a lot more sense. Every photo booth I've ever seen was a box-like structure with a curtain and a bench inside. But in doing an internet search, apparently now an ipad on a pole is also called a photobooth, even though there's no booth to them at all.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Uncle Bun you are correct, there is no booth it's an IPad on a stand. Here is the best pic I can find. It will be outside for 1 week per the customer. I was thinking the 3m IJ 35 print from SIgns365 would be sufficient with the gloss laminate? He said it's all flat pieces with just the rectangular stand that is actually wrapped.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 356

Stacey K

I like making signs
Looks like an old timey gas pump

I'm still clueless as to what is going on here.
It's a photo booth that is essentially an IPad on a stand. Apparently they wrap these for corporate events. When I spoke to the customer this morning he stated it would be outside for 1 week. Per the artwork it's a flat circle that gets applied to the top where the IPad is and a rectangular wrap around the post. Looks fairly easy. This is a new item my customer just received in stock and the first time he is using it. I found another site that offers the same type of "photo booth" with corporate wraps and they charge an extra $300.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
How long do you think it will take to do the job? Apply your hourly rate plus what you need for the vinyl. I agree, if it's flat just used cal. vinyl unlaminated.

unclebun

The template shows they are just rectangular pieces (2) and one round pieces, so calendared vinyl is fine. My guess is it would take us about 15 minutes of actual time spent cleaning the surface and sticking the vinyl on. It won't really be wrapping; just sticking a piece of vinyl on a flat surface. So we'd probably just charge 1 hour for the labor.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thanks everyone, I agree, this shouldn't be too difficult of a project and I am going to laminate it also...yes, lots of dirty hands on it so I'm sure they will clean it...at least I hope so! LOL

ikarasu

If it's something they constantly rewrap I'd go with ij40 over ij35 as it's a removable while ij35 isn't. Yes.. If it's only on a week ij35 should still remove semi easy. But if it's outside baking in the sun for 7 days, who knows how much glue will be left behind.

And who knows... If he likes your work you may be rewrapping it for the next event, last thing you want is to spend twice the time removing it and all the glue so you can replace the wrap.

MikePro

laminate, yes. if anything, it makes it easier to apply/remove.
ij40 vs 35, i wouldn't sweat it... use what you've got. ij35 removes just fine with a bit of love.

as far as what to charge? given the deadline, I doubt they're gonna sweat you over nickles and dimes.... quote them at a full day, at your rate, as a do not exceed and just bill them the time you actually spent on it.

petepaz

would need an actual picture (360 view) to price but i used to wrap phone chargers similar to that and i charged 150 usually took me about 1 to 1.5 hrs but they used to have a more intricate charging unit with individual doors/cubbyholes for the phone to go in. (it actually locked up your phone while it charged. those i charged 250 because it took longer. had to cut around the doors and buttons.

Attachments

• ATT charging unit-2.jpg
    ATT charging unit-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 258
  • aps hi top.jpg
    aps hi top.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 264

brentjosker

my typical charge was 2.50 to 3 dollars a square plus travel time and whatever other materials you are going to need to install