• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop Auto-Reset??

54warrior

I have been having a strange issue with Photoshop CS3 as of late. For some reason, every time that I close Ps and re-open, it defauts back to the original everything, Workspace, Zoom W/ Scroll Wheel is unchecked, default brushes, etc.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Bob Gilliland

Not always a solution, but a high percentage return for many situation. . .

“Could” be a corrupt Preferences file. While starting PS, hold down the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Shift] ([Cmd]+[Opt]+[Shift] on the MAC platform) keys and you should be presented with a dialog to delete the Settings File. Select yes, modify some setting in your new environment, close and then re-launch PS. Did the modifications stick? If not, the need to go a bit deeper (perhaps registry items, etc.) will probably be the course.

In case that doesn't do it, please respond with platform and OS in use to allow for better suggestions. :smile: