• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop CS Question

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In earlier versions of Photoshop, I always found the ability to select all pixels on a layer by control + clicking on the layer in the layer palette to be very straightforward and easy. That feature seems to have been replaced or dropped in the current version 9. As it is now, it appears that I must lock transparent pixels and then select all to accomplish the same thing. Is there something I'm missing or is this the best way to accomplish it?

3CGraphics

I Ctrl click the layer and it selects whatever is there like always - not transparent but any pixels or text - whatever is on the layer I have PhotoshopCS not CS2 though - are you asking about CS2 ?

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
You have to Ctrl+Click on the layer's thumbnail image in PSD CS2.

I think the Ctrl+Click behavior was changed because of the new align/distribute options one can use for multiple objects on separate layers.