• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop is getting me PO'd

showcase 66

I am getting annoyed by my photoshop. My eraser will not let me erase a fricken thing. (Yes I am on the right layer) Now my cloning stamp wont work either. It doesnt even show the circle around the area where the curser is either. Just a little crosshair thing. I have shut down the computer restarted it and it will work for a while and then back to this problem.

I have a feeling there is a glitch in something. Not sure if unloading photoshop and then reloading it will fix the problem. Anyone else had this problem?

threeputt

Yer too quick, CG.

Incidentally I had the same "problem" once and someone put me on to the caps lock thing.

showcase 66

You'll get a cross hair instead of the brush size if Caps Lock is on.

Make sure the opacity is set to 100% for the eraser.

Never knew that about the Caps lock.

Opacity set correct. Wont erase in brush or pencil but will erase as a block. I want the brush so I can have a fade.

Also I am getting cross hair without the caps lock on or off right now.

cgsigns_jamie

Also... if you're new to Photoshop I HIGHLY recommend becoming a member of NAPP... Tons of useful info there on Photoshop. (The discounts are just an added bonus)

showcase 66

this is weird. Just duplicated the drawing and now I can erase and do everything. Not sure why. The original wont work still. Oh well.

Not new to Photoshop. Still learning things everyday about it but not new to it.

kustomguy

Good call, its a long boring job, especially if you have plug ins, but might just bring back your sanity in the morning. Good luck.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
this is weird. Just duplicated the drawing and now I can erase and do everything. Not sure why. The original wont work still. Oh well.

Here's a wild guess: Is it possible that you may have had one duplicate image atop the first image?

When using the eraser, you would be erasing the first image, but the next image would show through and appear to make the eraser tool non-functional.

Deaton Design

Ive noticed that some times when I have several programs opened, the circle changes to a crosshair also, which I think is a memory problem at time. My old computer does it, but the newer doesnt, cause I got more memory. But the caps lock thing is probably it.

Melissam2505

If you were on the correct layer, you probably accidentally went into Quick Mask Mode. That is the case for me when certain tools stop working. Its easy to enter into by pressing the "Q".

showcase 66

Here's a wild guess: Is it possible that you may have had one duplicate image atop the first image?

When using the eraser, you would be erasing the first image, but the next image would show through and appear to make the eraser tool non-functional.

I duplicated the whole project. Not just the image in question. I am reloading CS3 right now. Hopefully everything will be okay in the morning.

showcase 66

Ive noticed that some times when I have several programs opened, the circle changes to a crosshair also, which I think is a memory problem at time. My old computer does it, but the newer doesnt, cause I got more memory. But the caps lock thing is probably it.

I am wondering if it is a memory problem as well. I am looking at getting a new comp in the near future as well. My dad picked up a HP at Staples a couple weeks ago for 550 for the tower and keyboard and if you bought a computer and software over 750 they would double the memory in the computer for free. So now he has 8 gb ram and 1 terrabite hard drive in his computer. I think it needs a better graphics card.

Maybe I can talk him into switching computers with me. He has way more computer than he really needs anyway..