• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop Masters.

p3

I am needing help. I made a flyer for a race my work is holding and I created some parts in illustrator and some in photoshop. It is all compiled in photoshop, but I want to save it as a pdf but have the vector parts stay vector so when its re-sized the text is still crisp. But I want the file size smaller as if I created it in illustrator. Is there any way to do this? or do I simply have to put my vector elements back into illustrator and put it together in there?

J Hill Designs

gotta put it together in illy I believe...maybe not if using smart objects or something? IDK i dont use the adobe suite all that often

WildWestDesigns

I am needing help. I made a flyer for a race my work is holding and I created some parts in illustrator and some in photoshop. It is all compiled in photoshop, but I want to save it as a pdf but have the vector parts stay vector so when its re-sized the text is still crisp. But I want the file size smaller as if I created it in illustrator. Is there any way to do this? or do I simply have to put my vector elements back into illustrator and put it together in there?

I would imagine that your file size is going to be bigger then the normal Ai file due to the fact of having PSD parts in there. I would save it in Illustrator, but I don't work in PSD other then sizing the oddball jpg, no real creative work in that program for me.

Just when you bring in PSD parts into the AI program, make sure that you keep them as objects, that seems to make all the difference in the world for me when it comes to editing later on.

p3

Yea, thats what i was afraid of. lol. I have all the original smart objects i created in illy but its just a PITA to "remake" what I already had made. You would think one would learn after a few times...maybe 3rd times a charm. haha.

rfulford

Import all of your vector objects as Vector smart objects and keep your text as text layers. They will scale properly when the Photshop file is resized. As far as keeping the file small, AFAIK, photoshop will still generate pixel data based on the current resolution. If it is a flyer, how big could it be anyway? Do you plan to repurpose the flyer somewhere down the road? The thing to remember to to work appropriately for the file size. Believe it or not, it is possible to have too much resolution in a document. I have seen it multiple times. A 2000 ppi image of a brick wall can look worse printed at a 150 line screen than the appropriately sized 300 ppi image.

WestCoastMapGuy

Another option is to save the file as an EPS and run it through Distiller. I use it al the time for proofs to my clients. Super Small file sizes.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Adobe InDesign is where you should be making a flyer if you're Adobe inclined. There is a reason for their names (illustrator, photoshop, etc) correlating to their uses. Once you figure them all out you'll wonder why you weren't doing it that way before (and save a lot of time & headaches).

WildWestDesigns

Adobe InDesign is where you should be making a flyer if you're Adobe inclined. There is a reason for their names (illustrator, photoshop, etc) correlating to their uses. Once you figure them all out you'll wonder why you weren't doing it that way before (and save a lot of time & headaches).

Dreamweaver just doesn't lend it's way to it's intended use though by name alone. Unless I'm just not smart enough to get it, which is possible.

dj_elite

I dont know how to do what your looking for. But when I save high quality work as a .pdf file it is very crisp. I can zoom as far as I want and it still looks good. I believe .pdf is a form of vectoring. Could be wrong...

WildWestDesigns

I dont know how to do what your looking for. But when I save high quality work as a .pdf file it is very crisp. I can zoom as far as I want and it still looks good. I believe .pdf is a form of vectoring. Could be wrong...

Kinda, but it's still "flat", it doesn't have quite the level of edibility in Illustrator as does eps or native Ai file would.

I just got done dealing with two logos done in PDF and it just takes a little more "work" then an eps or Ai file.