• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop text actual size work path and transform box size issues.

altereddezignz

This may take a moment to explain but ill try and make it simple.
What i am trying to accomplish is a box around text without having to convert to a work path.
Create a document in photoshop.
Create a text layer with whatever you want.
Now press CTRL+T this will give you the free transform box around the word. Well the size that is shown in the info box is not actually what size the text actually is b/c it also has the wasted area around the text for the transform box.
You can check on the Transform Box controls but this will not show you the size of the text.
Now you can always create work path of the type under the type menu.

Now when you create a new text layer and you have already converted your last text to work path. Anytime you press CTRL+T for the transform box it always goes back to the work-path no matter what????

Normally when i create a wrap i have standard text already sized for the auto. Sometimes i have a very simple design but the customer still wants to see it on the vehicle. This is easier to do all in Photoshop since that's what i do most of my designs in b/c i use bad wrap templates. now i create all the vector art i can and just bring it into Photoshop that way im still able to scale without degradation of quality to a extreme.

For instance had a police Tahoe that had a simple dial 911 on the rear today. I can duplicate the layer to a new document then convert the type to work path and just export to illustrator. Or if i new the exact size i could just recreate in illustrator but you see my difficulty here.

I have attached some images just for you to see kinda what i am talking about. I know i should create all my designs in illy but i have unlimited access to Photoshop templates.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 138

jfiscus

Rap Master
Can't you just place the template into photoshop? (one side/view at a time)
Your post has me confused...

altereddezignz

I am designing in photoshop but when it comes to text it is miss leading unless you convert type to work path. I dont always have the need to print my solid color text from photoshop so i would like to use If you convert to a work path then it always defaults back to only that work path anytime that you press transform or CTRL T.

For instance i made some simple text in photoshop on a wrap but there was not a need to print it b/c it was white. If i try to recreate it in flexi or illustrator i do not get the correct size from photoshop b/c the transform box information it gives shows the text to be larger than it is b/c of the blank or empty area around the text that the transform box uses.

altereddezignz

use your head and figure out the size. I will assume you are designing to a scale.

Yes I can use my head but if it is already made whats the reason. I understand the logic and I am doing just that now woth my designs that don't meet printed. You would just think that there would be a way to accurately know the size of something like the type in Photoshop without using the measure tool.

Yes I know I am being picky just thought someone might have come across this same issue before.

woolly

Any vector object Inc text that is size critical I create in coral then save out as a Eps and place in photoshop