• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photoshop

WOODBS

does anyone know about any good photoshop tutorial dvd's, i saw one on ebay, i think it was the guru or something?? or maybe video professor? thanks

WOODBS

aight i'll look but i am better wit the visual, like video professor. looked at "how to gurus" dvd..maybe

Rodi

Honestly, training videos are kind of a waste, unless you know what you want to do, then they can give you some clues, but the truth is this, Photoshop is so enormous, that no one can give a cookie cutter approach. Do you want to create art work, do color correction, make web graphics, create fine art, make color separations, and the list goes on and on.
My wife had the time to really learn blending modes and what they do with a various amounts of colors and stuff and made great composites (masking and blending), but that was just a small part of the program.
I had so many books on Photoshop and did not learn much, but when I figured out what I wanted to do (color correction) I got Dan Margulis books and learned curves and color spaces, almost exclusively. That is not much in Photoshop, but it still is daunting work.