• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phototex not sticking to textured wallpaper

Spencer McMurtry

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get phototext to stick to textured wallpaper? I just did around 100 sqft of this material and it keeps falling off the walls. Any ideas on how to make it stick? Or another material that might work for this?

Thank you!
Spencer

Textured wall only is really sticking to about half the adhesive and add in EGGSHELL paint? and it is hard to stick to that combination as certain eggshell paints are for the kitchen an have additives in it so you can clean the walls with detergents and this is like a graffiti proof paint and adhesive does not stick well to it.

Spencer McMurtry

Thank you, what kind of cleaner exactly?

For the time being i took a small 1/2" strip of floor vinyl, and used framed around the material, this seems to be working!

Eggshell paint - you can clean with 409, fantastic, soft scrub (take grease off the wall) Photo Tex sticks to it, but with also a textured surface all the adhesive is not adhering to the surface.