• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Picture file size for website?

Move In Media

Can anyone suggest an optimal file size for pictures I want to use on our website? Right now our largest picture, banner size comparison (http://moveinmedia.com/featherbanner.html) is about 60kb, which is what I read somewhere is a good size. However, I think the resolution is a bit low, and was wondering if I could bring it up without sacrificing the speed of the picture loading....

Alex

jfiscus

Rap Master
On the internet the resolution is pretty much set, at low. If you would like larger images available, then use the smaller images on the page and have larger images pop up when someone clicks on the photo. The person who clicks it will expect a slower load for the larger image, and you don't want to slow down the page for someone who doesn't care about the larger image.

Move In Media

Good idea, jfiscus.... how large should the small picture be? I've noticed some people use as large as 300kb, but then again I got pretty fast cable, so large files still load quick...