• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PinchRoller Error

jason91

I've been having a pinch roller error sometimes... both left and right even though they are in the right locations...I've done a search trying to find the problem, but i was wanting to ask you guys...A couple months ago I flipped the encoder strip over because it was struggling finding crop marks and cutting right....Now I'm getting this error....Do you think its the encoder strip, the cartridge cable...or the cable board thats attached to the top of the cartridge? It really doesn't matter how far i move the pinch rolllers in or out? It still has a hard time finding them from 7" to 29" (30 inch printer)??? Please help?

Drip Dry

I think it's called the "Cut Carriage Cable" It's been discussed here before.

I don't know how to link to the thread, but on 8-16-11, Ken started a thread about it. I think there are others further back that describes how to change it

designflow

Change the strip and cable it will work fine, had my roland doing the same thing a few months back and that solved my problem .

Paper&co

Maybe your media sensor is dirty....or displaced.

One time my printer scrstch the media in a big mess. The media push a little of the media sensor (that is behind the cutter) and the machine said "pinchroll error", but only in the right position, not the left.

Try to disarm the cutter, and then, from the back of the printer yo'll be able to acces the sensor. Try to clean it with a little alcohol. If it does not work, maybe you could loose a bit the screw and try to adjust it better.

Ps: if your media never get hooked or scratched with the heads, forget muy message! :Oops:

InkjetAuction

Cut Carriage Cable

Don't mess with your encoder strip... it's simply the cut carriage cable that runs from the cut carriage to the mainboard. This is a common repair. Anyone that works of Roland printers has replaced this a hundred times.

Replace the cable and the two plastic guides that sandwich the cable.

On the SP-300(v) it's also suggested that you add a couple of strips of teflon tape to the top and bottom of the upper cable track. This should help mitigate any "folding" of the ribbon cable which is a contributing factor to premature cable failure.

In any case, you're looking at less than $40/parts and less than and typically less than an hour to make the repair. Ask a tech (or knowledgeable user) for assistance if you haven't made this type of repair. It's certainly not rocket science, but you will have to remove (and re-thread) the linear encoder strip to safely make this repair.

~E

jason91

Don't mess with your encoder strip... it's simply the cut carriage cable that runs from the cut carriage to the mainboard. This is a common repair. Anyone that works of Roland printers has replaced this a hundred times.

Replace the cable and the two plastic guides that sandwich the cable.

On the SP-300(v) it's also suggested that you add a couple of strips of teflon tape to the top and bottom of the upper cable track. This should help mitigate any "folding" of the ribbon cable which is a contributing factor to premature cable failure.

In any case, you're looking at less than $40/parts and less than and typically less than an hour to make the repair. Ask a tech (or knowledgeable user) for assistance if you haven't made this type of repair. It's certainly not rocket science, but you will have to remove (and re-thread) the linear encoder strip to safely make this repair.

~E

Replaced cut carriage cable with a new one....Still getting the same message...Please help!!!!!!!