• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Pipe Wraps - Digitally Printed

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I have a customer looking to produce pipe wrap markers for a manufacturing plant. My first thought was to use Arlon 8000 or 8200.
Then he showed me a sample from this company:
http://www.pipemarker.com/Pipe+Markers/Custom+Pipe+Markers.html

They print to some sort of polyester media without adhesive that I am assuming is laminated probably with heat activated laminate on each side. They hold their shape rolled up and work nicely because the end user doesn't have to worry about aligning the sticker.

Has anyone printed on a non-adhesive film like this that could be used? What have you typically used for pipe wraps?

CanuckSigns

I've ordered these already made from Seton before, its just 0.020 polystyrene that is direct printed then heated on a form (basically a large curling iron)

Glavin_ID

We print on .020 and .030 (depending on the size of the pipe) rigid vinyl and developed an in house rolling system. Selling to facilities and piping/plumbing contractors is a large part of our business.