• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

placing/opening EPS error

StickyBoyz

If anyone knows why I am having this error, please inform me what is wrong. The error message is ... Linked DCS EPS files interacting with transperency will not print to seperations accurately (Host based) or at all (In-RIP).

Thanks!

anotherdog

is the DCS spot colour, or have spot colours?
if there is a transparency it may cause an error when trying to output because the spot colour is forced to CMYK. Even when the transparency isn't anywhere near the DCS image.

StickyBoyz

Thanks for the posts!

I don't even know what it looks like yet, one of my customers sent me the file and I am trying to open it. I am not trying to print it, I am just using it for design purposes. Also my settings are under CMYK, does that matter!

Thanks and any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

RobGF

Can you convert the linked pre-separated file (the DCS) to a composite EPS before you attempt to open your main document? It's 2008 and there are very few* reasons your client should be having a DCS file in their original document when almost all professional workflows are composite based.

* Yes, there are good reasons... I said "few"