• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

please help I'm new pnc 1100

OldPaint

FLAMEY ...AGAIN SPEAKING OF THING HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT.........
"You have, an ANCIENT machine that will won't perform too well. If you want to cut vinyl, I'd suggest selling it and buying a used Graphtec or Summa, that is a bit newer, a LOT faster, and easier to learn about and get support for."
I have 2 of these machines......these are a better machine then ANY CHINESE ANIMAL & better then a ROLAND CX-24(rolands newer model of 24" cutter) the PNC-1100 WAS when built comaprable to the CX-300 ROLAND. it is a very well built cutter. cuts fast, 350 gram down force and TROUBLE FREE....FOR YEARS...

Service Sign Co

I really don't like my Roland plotter, something may be broke it just quits sometime. I'm probably just more comfortable with Gerber. Just ordered Corel X3 Can't wait to see whats new with it

awilcox

I found a corel draw program and I just need to get home to install it and then I'm not sure what I need to do next I'm not home yet picking the kids up

OldPaint

ypu can cut right from corel draw.....to plotter...get the driver i said to get, install it. have COREL DRAW INSTALLED, INSTALL DRIVER....call me 850-044-5060 friday after 1 pm.....and i will get you set up to cut....RIGHT FROM COREL...
moody you can call too.....I DONT DO MORNING & IAM ON CENTRAL TIME.....

Flame

FLAMEY ...AGAIN SPEAKING OF THING HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT.........
"You have, an ANCIENT machine that will won't perform too well. If you want to cut vinyl, I'd suggest selling it and buying a used Graphtec or Summa, that is a bit newer, a LOT faster, and easier to learn about and get support for."
I have 2 of these machines......these are a better machine then ANY CHINESE ANIMAL & better then a ROLAND CX-24(rolands newer model of 24" cutter) the PNC-1100 WAS when built comaprable to the CX-300 ROLAND. it is a very well built cutter. cuts fast, 350 gram down force and TROUBLE FREE....FOR YEARS...

Once again OP... you try to involve yourself in something way out of your league.:cool:

PNC1100.... old Roland machine. Could very well be 15 years old. It was rather slow, because of it's age it's a little harder to get parts for, and a lot harder to get info on. It's buffer capacity is ancient (like another poster already mentioned). Which means..... keep stuff simple.

I looked at one of these things a couple years ago. Told the guy what I wanted to do and he wouldn't sell it to me. Told me I'd be unhappy. I researched it and agreed.

I just sold a Graphtec FC7000, 24", for $850. It wasn't the greatest machine, but it'd probably be a heckuva lot better than a PNC1100.

It's not the worst plotter out there, but you could do a bit better, and I bet for not a dime more either.

http://www.pspop.co.jp/etc/cx12.jpg

OldPaint

sorry flame boy..you and who ever was gona sell it to you...both are full of do do.......ive had both of these machines for 5-6 yrs. ROLAND CAM PRO machines...this is what the PNC-1100 IS.... not a CM/CX/GX-24.....the 1100 is built with real roller bearings....NOT NYLON BUSHINGS, as you chinese and the CM/CX/GX -24 are. as for parts....heres a flash for ya...MINE NEVER NEEDED ANY...and as for blades/blade holder/cut strip...all still available.....no.......its slow and old when compared to my CX-300......but for a beginer he wont be sorry to start with that....i know peo9pel here still cuttin with a pnc-1000 now those are 15-20 yr old.

Flame

Have you tried cutting a large file yet?

Gets interesting........

And you can find used PNC1100s for like $1200, and for that price, find a 5-6 year old Graphtec of Summa. With 2x the IPS, and the ability to handle large files, they're easily a better machine.

But hey, it's all off topic here. Before this dude can do anything, he needs to get CorelDraw. Look on ebay, you can find new, un-opened versions for around $200. Smoking deal, and 100% legit and legal.

awilcox

okay the software I got was not what I thought it was so I'm still trying to get my hands on corel draw this is so frustrating at this point

awilcox

okay op I tried calling you the number you left in the post and it said it was disconnected I was wondering is there a way to test the plotter before I buy the software to see if the plotter works or not
thanks

eforer

I started in signs with a PNC-1100, and actually was still using it here and there for an odd job up until a couple of years ago. All the info you need IS ON THE ROLAND WEB SITE. Also, you really need to understand the basic differences of vector and raster images and their respective editing/authoring environments before you get started.

I've attached the readme from the driver bundle, it explains the stroke weights that you must use to pass info from the application to the driver. It basically will not pass paths to cut unless they are that specific weight and un-filled. I suggest you read it.

I sold my ol' roland to someone just starting out with no experience. With a little research they had it up and running the day they got it home. Its a reasonably good starter machine and is easy to use. Take some time and do some research and you'll be on your way with it quick.

Also, you can do a test cut from the menu with NO SOFTWARE right from the menu. It cuts a few different basic shapes. This is a very straightforward machine, you just cruise around the menu until you find what you need, its not rocket science.

Attachments

• README.TXT
    13.7 KB · Views: 205

OldPaint

you didnt dial right....its 1-850-944-5060. depending on your computer for CORLE VERSION....if you got a 1.7 gig or higher processor, a lot of ram, XP ....THEN X3 IS GOOD....corel 10 will run on XP very fast.
flamey ive cut large files, intricut file, and stuff up to 17 feet in one pass.........it aint the plotter. as an old comuter programer told me when started computers....95% OF COMPUTER PROBLEMS ARE HUMAN ERROR!!!!!!!!!