• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help. Installed new print head

midnightmadman

Please help. I purchased a print head from someone that was used, but they assured me it had a 100% nozzle check. I pulled ink lightly through the maintenance station to full it. When I go to do a nozzle check I am getting 0 ink no nozzles printing. Am I missing a step? I think I remember someone saying there is a procedure that might need to be done on the machine when it gets a different head installed?

Umca

It is not 100% necessary, but extremaly recommended. Prithead will work with wrong head rank but in wrong mode.

midnightmadman

Thanks
I’m getting nothing at all
Maintenance station seems fine
I get ink out waste line when doing a cleaning and can also pull all colors
Now I just have nothing from head
The old head did have nozzles printing

DTP2

Clean cappings, set carriage to low and do a little charge. If that is not helping, do a second little charge. If you replace your heads, the ink retracts and you need to bring this back to the heads first and slightly pulling this from under the capping station is not enough in most cases. Every print head has a different voltage. Setting the correct head rank tells the printer what head is placed with what voltage and compensates for that. You are spending quite some money and time on a new head so do it as it just takes 5 extra minutes of your time.

midnightmadman

Thank you
I’m going to search on how to change the head rank
Keeping fingers crossed
I’m hoping I have the right head
The manifold he sent with it was made out of the wrong plastic and seems to have melted and the tips broke off in the dampers
I just pulled them out and now need to put my old manifold on the new head
Uggg

midnightmadman

I tried to enter the new head rank number from the sticker off the manifold
The problem is I the second 2/3 line I can not enter the values it shows like U

Attachments

• 51612461-118C-419D-8C2E-FA05383BA2D4.jpeg
    51612461-118C-419D-8C2E-FA05383BA2D4.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 307

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You probably just blew a fuse on the main board. The machine holds a charge even when unplugged and needs to be discharged before working on it.

Also just a note, if head ranks did anything important I would have 100's of machines in the field failing right now. I work on all the top brands that use Epson based heads and have never seen a head rank change the function of the printer whatsoever and I have worked on countless printers.

midnightmadman

Thanks
So even though this is not the correct head for mutoh machine you feel it should be working ? And if the fuse is blow to I just check it for continuity? Or is there more to it
It is soldered In from what I can see

midnightmadman

This is the head

Attachments

• 028B523F-C608-4C14-ABE4-F82AAE2F6607.jpeg
    028B523F-C608-4C14-ABE4-F82AAE2F6607.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 261
  • BF1F82A0-D20E-420A-AF83-98CBD59616E3.jpeg
    BF1F82A0-D20E-420A-AF83-98CBD59616E3.jpeg
    983.4 KB · Views: 276

midnightmadman

I just tested both of these fuses for continuity and they are good
What else could it be, could the cables cause it to not fire at all?

Attachments

• 07FFA1DF-7BDB-48E0-A424-3573614A97F3.jpeg
    07FFA1DF-7BDB-48E0-A424-3573614A97F3.jpeg
    683.6 KB · Views: 256