• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help lost flexi

Dutchess

Hello all.

Im in a bit of a bind. I recently lost my Flexi 8 Software due to me allowing a friend of a friend fix my computer when it got a bad virus. Long story short. I took over the business after me and my ex split up and i taught myself how to use Flexi 8. So thats all im familiar with using. But now that I have no program, I dont know how to go about finding the exact same one I was using, because there are so many different ones out there. When he bought it he said he paid thousands of dollars for it, but when i look online i see some for $200. Botto line is I just need a cutting software similar to the one I had. I have Vinyl ExpressQE60 plotter and a heat press. I mainly due small orders for sport teams or family functions. There are times I do large orders for the big oilfield trucks, not just DOT numbers. but design, cut and install them. What I liked about Flexi was I could get an image off the web and vectorize it to cutting form in a matter of minutes. I still don't know how to use everything on flexi but i knew enough. Also, I have an external hardrive that i backed up all my designs i hadalready completed, and was wondering if it will be useless on other design/cut software's. I really dont want to have to start over :(

SO PLEASE ANY ADVICE WOULD BE SO HELPFUL! IVE BEEN OUT OF BUSINESS FOR 3MONTHS ALREADY. HAD TO SAVE UP FOR A NEW COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE. GOT THE COMPUTER. BUT NOT THE SOFTWARE. SO PLEASE THIS IS HOW I MAKE A LIVING. IM NOT A BIG SHOP, I WORK LEGALLY OUT OF MY HOME.

THANK YOU.

Techman

I have flexi starter 7.
workes in xp and with win7 in xp mode
With dongle and password and user number..

IT cuts vinyl.
Don't know about all the other stuff you need.
You want it.. msg me for price and details

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Two bits of advice:

1) In your situation, Flexi cloud is the most viable solution. It's only $50 a month with an annual commitment or $60 month to month. You can be up and running in less than 24 hours.

http://www.thinksai.com/flexisubscriptions

2) Friends of friends are not necessarily your friend. Don't trust your bread and butter to anybody but the pros.

JB

mark-s

I have Flexi 10 Starter with dongle willing to sell.
Good price.
PM me if interested.

mark-s

phototec

...More than 10 available / 40 sold .... from BARGAINSALE2005 in Australia... :covereyes::ROFLMAO:

Yep, over 7,500 sales on ebay since 2006, see the screen capture below of just one of the satisfied customers. :banghead:

Attachments

• Flexi 10 Vinyl Plotter Cutter Cutting Software Flexi Starter SAI Windows PC .jpg
    Flexi 10 Vinyl Plotter Cutter Cutting Software Flexi Starter SAI Windows PC .jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 94

mrugen

Still have the dongle?

If you still have the dongle for 8, I can probably get you the install cd.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Cloud smoud. Stop paying, none of your files open... Get what you need used, pay once.

Based on the OP's difficulty in finding said software, the cost of an annual subscription pales in comparison to going three months without an income. The voice of reason would say get the subscription, scare up some work and then buy stand alone software as funds permit.

JB

Techman

IF it was such a financial emergency and burden the OP would've dome something sooner. Also no need mentioned for a full subscription of a full version.
Avoid the cloud. The cloud is not in our best interests.
Also the word "cloud" is bullscat.. its nothing more than a online stub operating under the guise of some secret super technology.
If users would avoid it the authors would find it is not a viable workable alternative.

I would get a used starter copy cheap for $100 - 200 bux.. and get on with it.
Then never have to worry about it again.,

phototec

IF it was such a financial emergency and burden the OP would've dome something sooner. Also no need mentioned for a full subscription of a full version.
Avoid the cloud. The cloud is not in our best interests.
Also the word "cloud" is bullscat.. its nothing more than a online stub operating under the guise of some secret super technology.
If users would avoid it the authors would find it is not a viable workable alternative.

I would get a used starter copy cheap for $100 - 200 bux.. and get on with it.
Then never have to worry about it again.,

Nice, a voice of reason..................Amen :thumb:

mrugen

Agree

Agree Techman, exact application for Cloud subs. The user can always convert to desktop version but STAY in business while looking for a solution that may please those who hate the cloud. BTW starter wont have the vectorizng features desired.

Dutchess

Thanks for all the responses

I have windows 8, will flexi 10 work on it? I dont like 8 as much as i did 7, but thats what all the new computers come with. And those of you that have software that you would like to sell, could you please private message me. Im new to this forum, just started the day I posted. Took over the acount my ex had. And no I don't have the key. He kept all that informaton and were on bad terms. So when I lost everything on my computer and my computer I had to start new. So right now I have a new HP Pavilion Beats laptop i got through fingerhut lol which was the only way I could affford a new computer, Vinyl ExpressQE60 plotter with no software. I have all my files backed up on my external hard drive, which I hope will all work on the new program I choose. All you guys are so experiened in this business, forgive me if I dont understand some of the terms you use. Like I said before. My ex ran the business for 4yrs and I helped out when I could and he taught me little by little how to use Flexi 8 and after we split I learned the rest on my own. I really just wanted to get Flexi 8 like I had cause thats what im familiar with, but I read it doesnt work with windows 8 :( and all my files are saved through flexi 8. Im just so lost on what to do. I keep having to turn down orders cause of this. And the reason behind me losing the program is I let my best friend take it cause she told me she took a class and knew how to fix them, well when she couldnt do it she got one of her co workers that is an IT Tech try and just messed it up more. So here I am now looking to purchase another program that I dont have the money to, but im getting a loan to do so. I just need advice on which one to get if I was using Flexi 8 and all my files are backed up under flexi 8. Im no expert at this, just trying to make it by. Please and Thank YOU!

Dutchess

One more thing.. If my ex told me he payed around $5K for Flexi 8 back then, why is everyone telling me i can get a similar or the same software for around $200? this is so confusing. And yes I have been out of business for 3 months. I have a kidney disease so I do what I can when I can, thats why I work from home. Im not a big business. Just trying to survive. tks

mrugen

Suggest the subscription to get started with Flexi

Sorry for all your pain. This is a good time to get the subscription for Flexi PRO. It's $60 on a month to month basis. IF you make enough to get the full desktop version from someone, you can cancel the subscription at that point. Flexi subscription will work on Windows 8 perfectly.

Should you need Photoshop or other Adobe products, Adobe allows users to download CS2 for free at this point, without technical support. It's not the most up to date version but based on your circumstances. could help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html

Finally, when you get Flexi Cloud, private message me and I'll give you access to some free training videos to get you started.