• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help my ink madness...

SignCrafter

This mess (pic attached) is happening without even running a job. I manually cleaned my Rolland sp540-v like I normally do, and then ran a standard cycle clean and this mess of ink keeps happening. Now I can not get my colors to print correctly. my cyans and blues are very dark and have a fair amount of green in them. I cant figure out why ink is leaking. Can someone help me, please? I am going crazy trying to figure this out.

Attachments

• DSC01221.JPG
    DSC01221.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 196

Charlie J

When did you buy your machine. They upgraded the pumps after a certain year. If you call your supplier you can get a new pump. (assuming that thats the problem) Roland was upgrading pumps for free at one time, you just have to install it yourself and its pretty easy to do.

Velocity

hrm mine makes this bit of mess as well even after the pump upgrade but as far as color goes are you using the right profile for the material?

Not sure what causes the leaking.

D

DARLAK

sounds like you had a contamination. sometimes the pressure gets screwed up from waiting too long to change your caping station and ink from one line will get sucked up into another. take all the dampers off and suck ink outta the lines until it looks right. hopefully the ink didn't make it back into the cartridge or the cartridge is ruined.

SignCrafter

I bought the machine about a year and a half ago. I am using the right profiles, and even switched RIP software to see if it was the rip. I changed wipers, sponge, t-sponge, cotton pad, and caps about 1 month ago. I am at a loss of what is going on. It could be contamination like DARLAK said. I will have to try that theory out. Thanks guys. If there are any more ideas I would be grateful to hear them.