• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help Need Main Board possible others

midnightmadman

My 1204 has been giving me all kinds of errors relating to the main board. I can't afford to spend the money on a new main board! Its worth more than the printer. I was supposed to have it repaired by the place I bought it GRS in NJ and they now are telling me they can not supply me with the parts and basically are ignoring me.. they mysteriously say they threw the 20 used Valuejet printers in the "garbage" so now have no parts to repair it for me! I am hoping someone on here has an old 1204 or parts they are looking to get rid of.

Dzignpro

I've got one of these that is missing a few nozzles, but prints well still. Recently replaced the rollers. My plotter I use with this printer for contour cutting is dying and I may toss in the towel on everything and try to buy a new printer, plotter and software somehow. If that happens, I'll let you know what I'm willing to let this machine go for.

midnightmadman

I've got one of these that is missing a few nozzles, but prints well still. Recently replaced the rollers. My plotter I use with this printer for contour cutting is dying and I may toss in the towel on everything and try to buy a new printer, plotter and software somehow. If that happens, I'll let you know what I'm willing to let this machine go for.
That would be awesome thank you
Please let me know ASAP

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you are just getting over current errors it's most likely a dirty encoder strip and/or encoder disc. The sensors that read them could also be dirty.

unmateria

Yes, check encoders (both) and make sure belt is not too tight. Carriage and rollers should run softly, if not, you Will get that current error. But telling me that error 74 is there I Will bet that CR motor is going to end of Life (i have seen 2 about 4000 meters). If plotter is old and used, check that too (its a cheap repair, no more than 300€)

midnightmadman

Let me go through everything
I moved in June
Before I moved it was working good but every so often I would get an error during the auto cleaning
After I moved i plugged it in and was going to get it running again except I had nothing
Completely dead
So I tried again the next day and it startEd up perfect and I refilled all the ink and did a couple test prints
My head was not printing black too good and I soaked a small cleaning pad with fluid and put it under the head and closed it down for a few hours
When I went to start it up that’s when I first got the error codes
I had all kinds of different ones and I can’t even remember all of them
I know the one That would come up the most was E016 [05]
I also got an e016 04
The the current code and also a comm error
Sometimes it will start up and initialize and then go into the error
Other times it will go straight to the 05 error