• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help. Roland sc540 is printing off where it should leaving a shadow.

s7graphics

Our Sc540 is printing weird all of a sudden. We were printing a pdf and eps file and the picture below is the result. The first 2 passes will be fine, then when the third pass hits, it goes off leaving a shadow effect that we don't want. Notice the side lines also. it was suppose to be straight. Not sure if there is a print alignment or something im suppose to do?

picture is actual print on banner material.
photo(2).jpg

woolly

Be tempted to start by looking at the encoder strip as the print is being stepped over on each pass

kanini

Yep, as Woolly says, clean the encoder strip and/or encoder sensor carefully. Search the forums for procedure and don't use the cleaning fluid (will ruin the strip) but I think alcohol should work.

s7graphics

Thank you guys! it was the encoder strip. I cleaned it with alcohol and working like it should again! Can't believe that makes a difference in print job.