• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help!! something is wrong with my color in my roland sp540v

Johanswe

This morning when I was going to print decals, I noticed that the machine did not write magenta.
I started with "hard" cleaning in the machine but nothing happened. So I took the syringe and sucked in the cap top until I got red color and did a test print,
then the yellow color was gone but the red worked and so it has continued all day.
I tested printing two squares, one red and one yellow. the first half of both turns red and the second half turns yellow.

has clean manually.
tried another damper.
used the syringe.
tried with cleaning through the head and it goes through.

printehead, cap tops and dampers are 6 months old.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like the cap top or pump might be bad. If you got 3rd party cap tops, I would start by trying OEM. I've used tons of 3rd party dx4 caps and none of them worked as well as the OEM for whatever reason. If the caps are OEM, I would try flushing the pump tubes with cleaning solution. Make sure there aren't any clogs preventing it from pulling ink down. Once you can get ink to flow during a cleaning cycle, that should improve things if not fix it entirely.

Check the ink lines above the damper as well. If there is a lot of magenta in the yellow, it will take a few cleanings to clear it out.

Johanswe

Thanks for the reply!

cap tops are not oem.
no paint has mixed in the dampers.
there is color in the dampers.
when I use the syringe I get yellow and magenta in it so the line is not completely clogged.

without doing anything all colors work except magenta, when I use the syringe and suck, magenta works but not yellow.

But I try to clean the hoses from the captops and see what happens.