• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help vj1204 new head verticle lines

Hello i have a mutoh vj1204 that i have had for a few months trying to fix it and have been through it with this thing. When i got it 2 of the colors were completely plugged as it had been sitting for a while but was barely used. I got the head unplugged but it wouldn't put any ink down (i had posted in someone elses thread while i was going through that lol) anyway my old boss has the same printer and I had replaced the printhead in it before I left working for him so I asked him if I could borrow the old head I took out because I knew it at least printed something just to make sure that my printhead was the problem because I had already gone through the main board and check the fuses put it back together with that other printhead and it printed at about 75% on all nozzles besides the yellow it printed perfect so blah blah blah I bought a new printhead and it prints good besides it has these weird vertical lines printing in it in different places depending on what I print, i have about lost my mind trying to look up and or research on here what it could be now I'm asking for help any direction would be greatly appreciated. I've seen that it could be something to do with the head rank but I honestly just needs some professional advice at this point please please help has all of my eggs are in this basket and I need it to work 100% so I can take care of my customers and take forward steps. thank you in advance and sorry for the novel also I have replaced all of the dampers the wiper the capping station the spitoon pad and had data cables manifold and new Ink throughout this process as well

Attachments

• 20160509_183034.jpg
    20160509_183034.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 174

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Normally I would lean towards a dirty or damaged encoder strip but the pattern doesn't match a typical encoder issue. There is a possibility that you have an electrical issue with the cables and/or head but I think the real problem is that the head is not meant for that machine. There are about 10 different versions of the DX5 print head and they are all manufactured by Epson. Everything internally is the same but they alter the circuit boards so that they are only usable in certain machines. The person you bought the print head from probably sold you a DX5 head for an Epson desktop printer which is designed to put vertical lines in your print after it prints a certain width. So if the head was designed for a 17" printer, it will print lines if it detects it has gone more than 17". From what I have seen, the pattern your printer is printing could be due to the version of the head being wrong. I haven't seen enough of these print heads in these machines so I am not 100% but I am fairly certain this is the case especially if the cost of the head was less than half of an OEM one.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think Vander is correct.
You might want to search for a DX5 printer head decoder card.
See if this is your problem & solution.

wayne k
guam usa

Ppcwilly

Same issue

I have a 1204 that I bought last year, printed lines at about 32".
looks just like yours, it prints well otherwise, upto 32".
Bought a decoder card off of eBay, installed it and got a print head error.
Maybe I installed it wrong?