• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PLOTTER(CG160) How to use the HLF without pounce?

Ryan J. Gill

So the guy who setup out plotters left and took all his secrets with him - :oops:

We use our plotters (CG-75, 160) to cut stickers (mostly vinyl, sometimes with LAM)

- When we do our parameter cut we noticed that we prefer the HLF track with the softer pad (VS CT1's hard plastic)

However I recently reset our plotters to the factory default - which means the HLF setting is now back to "pouncing"

How can I turn the pounce off, while still using the HLF track?

Using Finecut 9 w/Illustrator
Mimaki CG-75 and Mimaki CG-160

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If I'm understanding correctly, you just want to use the half cut function so that you can cut normally using the half cut tool's softer protections strip? You should be able to go into the tool setting for the Half tool and simply turn off the half cut. That will make it cut like a normal tool mode. You can also just get a soft strip and replace the hard one.