• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter printer for wall murals?

Sk8erboytyler

Ok so, I’m kinda wanting the expertise of people with more experience and knowledge than that of me. I’m familiar with latex and eco solvent printers but I’ve came across a good buy of an ipf760 printer. My main interest in a large format printer is for making wall murals. So I know this isn’t probably the ideal printer but I’m working with what I have till I can afford a nice large format printer. On the specs it says 1200 dpi but the only print option is 600 dpi but I think that should suffice well as a starter. I’m lacking the knowledge of substrates this ink is available to be printed on and also if the 130 ml cartridge per color would work with 10ft by say 15 foot walls. Is this a stretch? And if this would eat too much ink, could this printer suffice as a decent printer for photography? Sorry for not doing the research as I just want quicker answers before the buy. I’m really appreciative of any response. Thank you!

karst41

If you are getting your first printer and it is a Solvent,, DONT !

I have Owned Seiko CP 64, HP 9000,, Both Solvent both cost a ton of money
in sundry expenses, SOLVENT DRIES FAST,,,,,but only on the Printheads.
Solvent Heads can easily cost $1400. Solvents to clean, capping Stations Wiper stations
and wipe out Yo Wallet !!! Duuuuude dats messed up. I Hate the things worse than Chinese food
at a Lo Country Boil and the Zideco Band just started the first set.

I absolutely Loathe and Detest Solvent, Eco Solvet or WTF ever they want to call it.
There are a Lot of HP Latex 315 printers you can get for CHEAP.

People go into sign business and dont put no effort into and equipment sits wasting in a Self
Storage.

People Upgrade these all the time. You could call Grimco and Athens Paper.
You could easily waltz right into a clean used printer faster than an oyster being shucked down in Carabelle Florida,,,,,, Dats Fassst .

Solvent Print heads $1400 plus 700 to install and align
HP Latex Heads $140 Printer self aligns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh wait Dude we jus startin.

Solvent Capping Station $1700 Installed
Solvent Wiper Station $1200 Installed
1L Cleaning Solvents $120
Solvent ink $230 750ml

Air Puifier Dude just come get mine for free
Front Heater,,,,,,
HVAC to install exaust Ventillation>>> WTF !!!!!!!!!!! dude that just Wrong

HP Latex Print Head $140 each
HP Maint Cartridge $140
HP Periodic Maint Kit abouts $180,,,,,,,Its a DIY kit with instructions from HP
Inks $140 750mil
Solvents NONE !
Air Purifier??? Huh ??? Not needed.
Front Heater Not needed

Solvent Requires minimal 24 hours to off gas prior to cutting or Lamination.

Latex straight from printer to Lamination or cutter.

Laminator,,,,,,,,,,,Get a GFP heated with rear take up and Slitters.
These have No Equal in the comp price range.

Flexi Print will come with the HP Printers.

Media Library and Profiling downloads into the printer.
Oh FK N A Buddy! (sung to the tune Rock of Ages)
Your HP printers will connect straight to the internet and download the media
profile of the media for yor wall graphics.

You??? Yeah YOU... More time for Crab Boils and watching dem BAG Haid Aints with dey
green toothed coach trying to play some foots ball.

Me,,, welp I live outside the ATL,,,,,, be still wailint for our team to show up! DAAAAAAM !

Last edited:

ikarasu

#1... He's asking about a inkjet printer, not a solvent.

Inkjet printers are not water proof. They're no good for wall coverings.... They're also no in resistant, so even if you overlaminate them they'd still fade if any sun is on them.

You need a latex or a solvent. I suggest a latex 115 if you won't be printing every day.

Epson s40 is also great, but more expensive. Just starting out I got a 110... Went to a 560... Then got a s40.. now I'm considering a s60 or a s80 and keep the s40 for when I'm busy.

Stay away from inkjet though. It won't do what you want.