• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help plotter test plots

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
So, I have a pretty old plotter. A Roland Camm-1 Pro. (GX500). I've had it for a couple of years now. I bought it used. I've been told these things just don't die. I've been able to figure out pretty much everything on it...except this:
SOMETIMES the test plot cuts with weird curves. I don't really understand why it does it. And I don't want it to do it on my regular plotting.

I have some issues that I kind of don't know how to fix like not cutting all the way around. Sometimes it will miss a part completely to cut. I've changed downforces and speed and made sure it was within the pinch rollers and none of it seems to really change it.

So, can anyone help me with some of these issues?

I'm attaching a photo of what the test plot looks like. SOMETIMES the test plot is spot on and it cuts nice even lines. Other times, it cuts like the attached photo.

Attachments

• 20200910_111602.jpg
    20200910_111602.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 205

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That happens when the offset setting is incorrect. The offset is the distance between the center of the blade shaft and the tip of the blade. So if you change to a blade that is a different angle without changing the offset, it will do stuff like this. It also happens when the blade tip breaks or wears down as that will change the offset. When you buy your blades, it should say the offset value on the package.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
That happens when the offset setting is incorrect. The offset is the distance between the center of the blade shaft and the tip of the blade. So if you change to a blade that is a different angle without changing the offset, it will do stuff like this. It also happens when the blade tip breaks or wears down as that will change the offset. When you buy your blades, it should say the offset value on the package.
I have been changing the offset. It was set to .25. But my sales rep had told me to set it differently. See what happens when I listen to my sales rep?

jimboeejit

depending on what software your using this pdf should explain a bit about offsetting blades and what it does

Attachments

• cutter-blade-offset.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 272