• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PMS color matching to reflective

letterman7

Hi all,
I have an older Pantone book here and I'm usually pretty good about spotting colors to match our vinyls. I have a small project in for a good customer that requires me to match or get as close to a reflective green as possible. All the reflective greens are pretty close across the board, no matter who makes it, so if anyone could put a swatch up to their books and give me a good guess, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks,
Rick

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Kind of depends on the manufacturer and shade. 3M's Green looks kind of like 3425 (same as their Dark Green 7725 series) while the Light Green is close to 355.

letterman7

Kind of depends on the manufacturer and shade. 3M's Green looks kind of like 3425 (same as their Dark Green 7725 series) while the Light Green is close to 355.
I was leaning towards the 3425 but my books are so old I couldn't trust if that was a close color. I'll have to test print up some pieces and see what works. But that's a good start - thanks!

printhog

Here's color measurements from calibrated device for Avery and Oralite green reflectives.. they are nearly identical due to federal highway specs.. Hex color is Hx . color measured at d50*2. Call outs are a generic cross reference from L*a*b readings. The L*a*b callout is supported in most design apps.. Closest pms color is quite far off in cmyk space as it requires color conversion. The pantone android app says 330c is closest based on HTML hex code.
greens.png

Last edited:

YoyoPonto

Hi all,
I have an older Pantone book here and I'm usually pretty good about spotting colors to match our vinyls. I have a small project in for a good customer that requires me to match or get as close to a reflective green as possible. All the reflective greens are pretty close across the board, no matter who makes it, so if anyone could put a swatch up to their books and give me a good guess, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks,
Rick
Do you have a spectrophotometer I1 Pro or colorMunki Photo ?
If Yes you can use Coloris to do that...
Coloris | ArgyllCMS GUI

ikarasu

I like the idea of your software, especially how it's free. I haven't got around to trying it yet, but I will soon.

But please stop bumping every old thread that has to do with colors! Especially month old threads. Signs101 isn't that big, I'm sure most people on here have heard about your software since you've been promoting it already.

YoyoPonto

I like the idea of your software, especially how it's free. I haven't got around to trying it yet, but I will soon.

But please stop bumping every old thread that has to do with colors! Especially month old threads. Signs101 isn't that big, I'm sure most people on here have heard about your software since you've been promoting it already.
Ok Sorry