• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PMS/RGB Black & Red

Victorian Signs

Anyone have a good formula for a RICH BLACK & RED for XC-540 printer, been using CMYK 67-57-56-100 , and Red 0-100-100-0 using VersaWorks and FLEXI production manager, appericate the help...........:thumb:

luggnut

theres is so much to answer that.... you need to learn about profiles... color settings... rendering intent. there is not a simple answer. just start researching and learn it will take a while.

Bigdawg

Just Me
For the Red I use the Roland color swatch PR43K and let it swap out in Versaworks. Gives me kicking reds. On the black I use photoshops black build (75C, 68M, 67Y, 90K) but up the K to 100%

Color Dude

For a nice rich black in flexi using no color correction on the redering intent tab under the vector & text on the cmyk & others category, I use 15 15 15 100 and it prints a perfect rich black.

Reds can be achieved in a couple different ways. Your environment is a very important part of printing consistant.

But as luggnut stated, you need to learn the color side of it. I have been creating profiles for 3 years and I still have alot to learn. So just start reading and applying your knowledge.