• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pnc-1050

stro1

I do small scale graphics mostly on a Stika SX-8. I bought a Roland PNC-1050 for some larger signs. I hooked it up and used it once about 8 months ago and it worked fine. Went to use it the other day and couldn't get it online. Roland doesn't have a users manual.

Can anybody give me a clue?

Thanks

Cadmn

Ok 1) hows it hooked up serial Parallel
2) did you search rolanddga.com for manual
3) what software etc.
we need more info to even start

Colin

I still have my old PNC 1050, make sure you have that particular plotter selected as the default plotter within your software.

S

supersigns101

Colin: I have a pnc 1050, it would cut for about 30 seconds and just stop, I called Roland and they told me it was the serial cable, I bought it (from them) but the problem continued, shouls I keep it shelved , or get it fixed. Can you tell me where to get it fixed to. thanks joe

Colin

I don't know what would be causing that problem. Perhaps some setting within the plotter or driver that tells it that the length of vinyl is a certain amount (too short) and then it stops. (?) Or does it actually power off?

You may have someone in your area who services Roland plotters. (?)

You could always send it to Roland in California.
The cost of that might be justifyable given that this is a sprocket feed plotter, but a new 24" or 30" plotter is tempting with added speed and cutting size.

Cadmn

I would be willing to invest in a new cable with a null Modem jumper to test it because it definately sounds like a cable communication problem. otherwise a man named Gary Jennings in Austin Texas,would be my contact before shipping to cali. Might be cheaper to ship to Texas.

OldPaint

the lockdown lever has a small trip switch inside that is activated when you go to lock down the rollers. this lockdown lever has a cam on the inside and it will work loose after many uses...ill bet this is your problem.

S

supersigns101

thanks guys, I'am from philly, I called Roland and there's two service outlets in Mass. and Georgia. Is it worth getting fixed? or should I just use one plotter or have both., thanks

Jackpine

New 24" faster servo plotters are in the $850.00 to $1,600.00 range. SSK has a DesignTech 24 " cutter for $850.00. It is a Graphtec CE3000 with less bells and whistles. I think this would be an affordable cutter for anyone starting out.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

My $.02... do whatever it takes to get the thing working! I went thru what you are now a few months back, very frustrating & I almost gave up. In the end, the people who repeatedly told me the "null modem adapter" were correct in my particular case.

Since being able to use this old Roland, I've definitely seen how much more money I could have made faster than I have with the total of four now sprocket-fed 15 inch plotters I've had. Yeah OP, I'm a total convert!