• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC 1100 Question

neato

Actually, a couple of questions.

1. Why does the plotter automatically set the origin point about 1.5 to 2 inches from the left edge of the sheet when I load my vinyl and lower the pinch rollers? Why doesn't it place it as close to the edge as possible?

2. What is the easiest way to load vinyl onto this thing and make sure it's straight? On the newer CX24 that we had, you could load the vinyl with about 3 or four feet sticking out of the front, then feed it back to the very edge, making sure it was tracking ok, and set your origin. From what I've seen of this machine, where you load the vinyl is as far as it'll move vertically, so you basically have to load it as close to the edge as possible. Am I missing a function somewhere?

Hope those questions make sense...

Buddy

(joking with you....) You should have gotten the Graphtec then you wouldn't have those problems - or at least if you did, someone could answer your questions.

neato

Awww....C'mon! :)

See, I told you I was going to regret it!

No, I think this plotter will serve me well until I'm rolling in the dough and can get a brand new Graphtec. Just a few more tweaks to get it going...

Buddy

U'll get it figured out, it's just a little frustrating at first....I did an Internet search and tried to find some answers but haven't found anything yet pertaining to the PNC 1100.....if I do I'll post or email you.

BUDDY

signage

Neato maybe OP will chime in he seems to be an expert on these! If not maybe you could ask him?

geb

Where are your pinch wheels set? I've noticed with my Roland cm it starts in regard to where my rollers are placed. Maybe this cutter starts in regards to the roller location. Just a thought.

George

willy21414

Sorry to interupt this thread but Buddy I have emailed twice and you have not responded. Is there something wrong with your address or the content of my email that you are not going to reply?

Jackpine

Actually, a couple of questions.

1. Why does the plotter automatically set the origin point about 1.5 to 2 inches from the left edge of the sheet when I load my vinyl and lower the pinch rollers? Why doesn't it place it as close to the edge as possible?

2. What is the easiest way to load vinyl onto this thing and make sure it's straight? On the newer CX24 that we had, you could load the vinyl with about 3 or four feet sticking out of the front, then feed it back to the very edge, making sure it was tracking ok, and set your origin. From what I've seen of this machine, where you load the vinyl is as far as it'll move vertically, so you basically have to load it as close to the edge as possible. Am I missing a function somewhere?

Hope those questions make sense...

Go to the Roland site and register with their user forum. They have one for plotters. I would think someone there could help. They have tech people that will answer questions on current equiptment and users will help too.

OldPaint

ok that machine has a problem.....i have one that does the same exact thing....but it cuts fine....just will not cut that top 2". ive opened mine up and checked all the connections...seems to be a problem on one of the board or the "eye" that sences you have something loaded.
i would like that one answered also

OldPaint

when i say top....iam refering to the UNMOVEABLE PINCH ROLLER......that the top or left side of the paper...if you are standing in front of the machine.....
can you get your money back? or call or send the machine to roland.....
STRICKER know some guy in washington state that repairs ROLANDS.....

neato

gotcha...

OP, can you manually move the carriage and set the origin?

And when I say manually, I mean by holding the direction button down.

OldPaint

i never have done that..and i think what you want to do is only able to be done if you are comm port connected.
CALLING DAN STRICKER....WHAT THE GUYS NAME IN WASH STATEwho fixes rolands???????????????

mladams7259

I know of an authorized roland service company called tritech. Their number is 770-962-2681 or 770-577-2425.
Maybe they can help you.

Buddy

Hi Willy.....

I've been away from my desk all day and will be away tomorrow also. Just got back late Tuesday nite. And still haven't picked up all my emails (close to 50). Sorry I missed your email so far....but I'll get to it in a moment.

BUDDY