• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC 1100 service manual wanted

Quillbilly

It's getting harder and harder to find service for my "heritage" plotter. Does anyone have a service manual that they are willing to part with (or PDF's). Any help would be great!:banghead:

OldPaint

what you need to know? most of those old mauals was full of crap you never would use in a 100 years. i had 2 of em. pretty trouble free for all the years i used them. change blades, change cutting strip...........not much else.

Quillbilly

Hey Joe!

Glad you're feeling better! Mostly, I'm just trying to maintain the old girl. Everybody's telling me to put her down and buy a new one, but if I believed in that line of thinking, somebody would have retired me a long time ago, lol. She squeaks and squeals and needs some oil, basic stuff. I just don't know where to do it.

OldPaint

pinch rollers, are sealed bearings. cant oil. most of the internal turning points are....same. it you got it open and can hear which one is making noise, 3 in 1 oil, sparingly on the seal of the bearing and roll it till squeak stops. unlike the CX-24, the older PNC-1100 is a much better built machine. the CX turning points are nylon bushings. which in time will egg shape and wallow out. these sealed bearings are hard to re-lube, but if you take the time and let the 3 in 1 work into the bearing...WITHOUT SPILLING OIL ALL OVER EVERYTHING, you can get many years outa that old gal. if you move up to a newer model...CX-300 is an excellent replacement. its what i have now, and you would not belive the speed, and quietness of a 30" machine.

Quillbilly

Thanks Joe, always nice talking to you. By the way, I haven't been here since 06...what the hell does the "preppie" next to my name mean?