• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pnc-960 stops cutting midway

netsol

Premium Subscriber
sophie,
not sure if you got the point, the changes of setting do not happen "live"

serial devices only connect on startup

get the flow control matched dip switch matching the check marks in device manager/advanced.

then shut both devices down. power up the plotter first. then the computer. it really should work at that point. be patient, you are almost there. if not, i will repeat my offer to send you another usb adapter to use. give me a neighborhood and i will add a london amazon drop box to my account. i do this with amazon all the time. (not internationally, but , it shouldn't make a difference)

jimmmi

Old post. Didn't read all the thread. Just for info. I had random stops with my 960 some years ago. It was the mainboard. It cost around $600 back then and didn't buy it. I resolder most components one by one and worked again for years. It was a soldering problem.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Typically, if you can't see a "ringed" solder joint, we solder all the Molex connectors, reseat any connectors and then resolver any high current connections (power transistors, drivers. Don't forget, on something this old check electrolytics with an ESR meter