• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Point of sale / accounting software.

petesign

I'm experiencing a good problem. I am growing faster than my infrastructure will comfortably allow. As of now, the invoicing and tracking, and billing is done in about three different programs... and it's becoming a pain.

We use a POS system that was initially made for dry cleaners, it prints a tag, which is nice, it prints a reciept which is also nice for walk in customers, but it does not print an invoice. (Which is what over half of my customers really need) --- so I have to go to the register, create the ticket, and get my invoice number to make the quotes for, then go to excel and make the quote (which later becomes the invoice) -- and if it changes, or is approved, go back to the register and make the changes.

When it was just me it wasn't such a big deal, but now I have salespeople. Keeping track of everything is really becoming an issue. Then at the weeks end, we have to take all of the receipts, print out summaries for the week and make sure they add up, and enter it into quicken to do the books. PITA.

What are you guys using? Is there a software made for sign companies that will run a cash register, print receipts, do billing, print invoices, etc? I found Quickbooks POS, and it will ALMOST do what id like it to do..

What I REALLY would like, is something that does it all, that I can send people out in the field using a tablet, and generate quotes and invoices on the fly, and all be integrated into the same database for the end of the week book-keeping. Logmein.com, or gotomypc both have apps i think, so I guess the dedicated app isn't a deal breaker.

wildside

Cyrious Software is what we use and is the all in one for estimating, invoicing, marketing etc....

has one click export and one click import into quickbooks for the rest and works great. it is a bit pricey but i think in the end worth every penny and then some

we tried "estimate", 2 days with it and knew was not for us, i felt very limited and way to many "pay to add on functionality" type setup

GraphixCalc we also used for awhile and worked great, but we outgrew its capabilities fairly quickly

thats my buck and a half :rock-n-roll:

Sticky Signs

Just talked to a friend/sign guy today and his company is about to pull the trigger on cyrious software. He was very exited about it and he figured it could do everything they need.

CentralSigns

Cummon Colorado let us in on your dirty little secret. Inquiring minds want to know, what not to buy that is. We are in need of the same software for the same reasons, sort of. Too much growth too little time to do those jobs the old way and not let stuff fall off desk.

HulkSmash

he's a merchant member on here. I really don't want to offend anyone. But when you charge like 5k for software and then like 100 a month for support that not even the owner of the company doesn't even know how to trouble shoot.

We're switching really soon.

ForgeInc

After much research we settled on Cyrious. First impressions are it (or any job management/POS software I would reckon) is only as good as how well you set it up. So far, we're happy with it, but for what it's worth are only 1 month into using it.

Mosh

I have been using QB (quik books) since day one and have had NO problems...I bet cause NOthing leaves the shop without being paid, except our loyal customers....

gnemmas

We've been using Cyrious POS since 1997, have 4 stations, two on the counter, one in my office, and one in the design room. Pricy but one of the best.

We have an extra unit for sale. It was for outside sales, but found out we can just use logmein to access our other stations.

PM me for more info.

ChiknNutz

If you are already using QuickBooks Pro, give GraphixCALC a try as it interfaces with QB, so you have a complete solution. QuickBooks provides your complete financial picture and GraphixCALC prices out your projects and tracks your jobs. Using both provides a total solution. You are welcome to try it out for free to ensure it meets your needs...an no additional software required.

signswi

Using Cyrious but it has some holes that no sign shop software really covers (internal design request management separated from the invoice/work order system, etc.). Still, pretty decent for industry specific software.

Probably going to implement ActionMethod to manage design staff, have used that with design/marketing teams in the past with much success.