• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polaroid

Ldireprophil

Do any of you have any experience with the Polaroid product? I looked at several small (3x2) UV flatbed brands at the Printing United show (I already have an 5x10 UV flatbed, but looking for a smaller one to add to the floor) and this one printed the sample PDF file I took on a flash drive the most accurate. Looked at Mimaki, Mutoh, Besprinter, Xante’.

This is the link to machine: https://www.polaroidlargeformat.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Polaroid-Micro-UV-LED-ingles.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_2378.jpeg
    IMG_2378.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Superior_Adam

Mimaki makes one heck of a small scale UV Printer as well as Inkcups with the X5. We have had the Mimaki 6042 and 3042 for about 8 years and still on original print heads. We have been running the Inkcups X5 for 3 years and have not had any issues with them either. The Inkcups is a ton faster. We run 2 EFI large flatbeds and have techs in all the time.

Ldireprophil

Mimaki makes one heck of a small scale UV Printer as well as Inkcups with the X5. We have had the Mimaki 6042 and 3042 for about 8 years and still on original print heads. We have been running the Inkcups X5 for 3 years and have not had any issues with them either. The Inkcups is a ton faster. We run 2 EFI large flatbeds and have techs in all the time.
Which printheads those machines running?

JBurton

Signtologist
I'm just as simple redneck from the sticks, but good god I hate the way they stencil cut out Polaroid on that machine. It's giving me flashbacks to guys with plasma cutters making signs.
Sorry to add nothing to the convo...

Ldireprophil

I'm just as simple redneck from the sticks, but good god I hate the way they stencil cut out Polaroid on that machine. It's giving me flashbacks to guys with plasma cutters making signs.
Sorry to add nothing to the convo...
It's hard for many to break free from the early 80's, I understand!

JBurton

Signtologist
Looks like it has GH2220 3.5 PI. heads. It's also the only polaroid printer I could find with that style logo on it, every other wide format machine has a fully realized logo with islands... I mean, the islands are there without bridges, though the inside of the a's certainly appears flipped.
Also, polaroidwideformat.com (that was built with wordpress...) tried to redirect me to some unfavorable website, seems like they're having some malware issues.
Overall, based on my 5 minutes looking at the machines, I'd consider any other printer. This is madness!
775f1d2ba1c15350f42a8c4ec8c08660873d79d6-1560x1040.jpg
4c13614421ba0d13fe3da61ed0a39c60ab24394c-1560x1040.jpg

source: https://www.polaroid.com/en_us/large-format-printing