• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pole Banner Material

kroger

I have to price out some pole banners and I have only done them once before sourcing them out years back. They were printed dbl sided on the regular banner material, sewn and grommeted which made them stiff. They did not last. I assume mesh banners last longer and is what everyone is using now. Any certain type I should be getting? Can I just use banner tape instead of seeing. Can you sew 2 together to make double sided? I see many around but I have never gotten into them. Any help would be appreciated.

kroger

Roland sp 300i
So I would print each side separately? From my research I looked at the 18oz dbl sided pole banner material.

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
I use 18oz blockout and uv print both sides. Sew pockets top and bottom. No issues with any that I’ve done that way.

ChicagoGraphics

18oz. blockout vinyl sewed or welded pockets, it's eaiser to out source them then to make them inhouse. Firesprint is a good place to out source too

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
You can do it a ew ways:

1.) Print double sided on 18oz pole banner, either Ultraflex, Arlon, etc or Bantex (Bantex is stronger, more expensive, good for high wind) with well sewn seams. This is the easiest way to do it and cleanest. We've only screwed this up once when we sewed them ourselves without knowing what we were doing and the thread created a tear point. Once they were sewn correctly this was never a problem. Banner ups or something to reinforce the grommets are useful.

2.) Printing two 13oz banners and bonding them back to back actually works well but really plan out how you're doing it. We fold over all the edges so they are three ply, use lots of good double sided tape and add an extra ply at the top where the pole goes through. If done right this works well but you really need a system if you've got a lot of these or it takes a LONG time.

3.) For shorter banners, 4ft etc you can likely just fold and double sided tape the pockets as long as you reinforce those seams with a grommet.

kroger

Thanks for all your help. It sounds like 18oz blockout vinyl is the way to go!
What would you use for a banner going across a street?. 25’-30’ long

Evan Gillette

That sounds like an accident waiting to happen, just make sure whomever is installing the one across the street knows it needs to be anchored very well. I would do pole pockets top and bottom and run a cable through both, if using mesh I would use reinforcing tape in the hems.

I usually use this wholesaler for pole banners, they last up to a year in very windy and rough conditions in MN, winter is extremely rough on them and they need to be installed TIGHT to last (no buffeting or they will shred). Watch the art prep video to see how they build them, they are the best wholesale ones I have seen so far.

Superior_Adam

Thanks for all your help. It sounds like 18oz blockout vinyl is the way to go!
What would you use for a banner going across a street?. 25’-30’ long
18oz block out sewn is the preferred way to make it longest lasting for pole banners. As far as going across a street we have done these many times with a heavy duty mesh printed 2 sides. We then do a pole pocket top and bottom. We tell them to use a strong wire cable to stretch across the span of the street through the pole pocket.