• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poll - JV33 owners...what ink set do you use?

What JV33 ink set do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

petesign

I use ES3 -- and have regretted that decision since making it. There is no support for this inkset. SS21 profiles are abundant for every type of material and nearly every company who makes it... good luck trying to find a color profile for ES3 inks.

Also, ES3 doesn't have the same "bite" ss21 inks have - prints are easily smudged for hours after printing.

stickermonkey

I've always used full solvent set...ss21...I love it. I tossed around the idea of going Ecosol...but something just didn't sit right with me.

Rooster

I use the eco-sols. They just require a little more heat to get a proper bite.

Using the mild solvents (ss21's) wasn't possible for me since I work from home and didn't have any sort of air filtration when I bought the machine. Mimaki doesn't offer the true solvent HS1 inkset for the JV33 that I know of. Although I'd be interested in it because of the addition of the light black that would provide more neutral grayscales impervious to metamerism (with the right profile).

I create all my own profiles, so lack or support for the inkset means nothing to me.

Letterbox Mike

SS21. Wishing HS1 was available for it. The SS21 is noticably less durable than the SS2 inks in our JV3, especially on banners. Both are sold as "mild solvent" but I think they had to tone down the aggressiveness a little bit for the new Epson DX5 head. At least that's what's been told to me by vendors, not sure if it's true or not and it doesn't make alot of since considering the JV5 also uses the DX5 and it uses HS1...

I can't imagine using the ES3 inks in it, seems you'd have to laminate even cheap yard signs to get decent durability.

If you don't make your own profiles, SS21 is the only way to fly, I think I've maybe seen 1 ES3 profile to every 10 SS21 profiles.

edit: just noticed you're from Nazdar. How will your new Lyson inks compare to the OEM SS21 inks as far as solvent content and bite? I'm not concerned with really saving money, durability and reliability are what's critical.

Neil

We can't get SS21 inks in Australia for some stupid reason.
So Our JV33/CJV's come with Eco-HS1 inks (or ES3).

I'm using the Eco-HS1 and find it pretty good for colour gamut and scratch resistance, but it is a bit slow drying so I have to print everything at 720 8 pass and use a fan to help force dry before it hits the take up reel.

Is Lyson aware of this Eco-HS1 ink??

stickermonkey

SS21. Wishing HS1 was available for it. The SS21 is noticably less durable than the SS2 inks in our JV3, especially on banners. Both are sold as "mild solvent" but I think they had to tone down the aggressiveness a little bit for the new Epson DX5 head. At least that's what's been told to me by vendors, not sure if it's true or not and it doesn't make alot of since considering the JV5 also uses the DX5 and it uses HS1...

I can't imagine using the ES3 inks in it, seems you'd have to laminate even cheap yard signs to get decent durability.

If you don't make your own profiles, SS21 is the only way to fly, I think I've maybe seen 1 ES3 profile to every 10 SS21 profiles.

edit: just noticed you're from Nazdar. How will your new Lyson inks compare to the OEM SS21 inks as far as solvent content and bite? I'm not concerned with really saving money, durability and reliability are what's critical.

Ok...I remember my rep telling me that the ss21 was full solvent. hmmmm.....anywho...it's works for me....though...I do have to find more profiles for my software...SaI PhotoPrint DX...I'm doing alright with the ones I have...but I've had to play guess how high to set the Heat..etc. Oh..and I'd like to know how I can scale back my ink settings from 100%...I've been told that I should do that. Don't know how to. I live in a very far, far away place and when my printer etc was installed...I litterally had 1/2 day training. I've made out great so far...but I'm sure I have a lot to learn

Zambookajoe

Hi There sticker Monkey, seen your from my neck of the woods, nice to see someone from the area. we should chit chat sometime

NZDR-Payne

SS21.

The Lyson 133 series is built to mimic (you can confirm via MSDS comparison) the SS21 ink set. The solvent content ratios are slightly different and I have been told by beta users that the 133 does seem to "bite" into media harder. Of course, there really is no good way to prove this other than to witness for yourself.

NZDR-Payne

We can't get SS21 inks in Australia for some stupid reason.
So Our JV33/CJV's come with Eco-HS1 inks (or ES3).

I'm using the Eco-HS1 and find it pretty good for colour gamut and scratch resistance, but it is a bit slow drying so I have to print everything at 720 8 pass and use a fan to help force dry before it hits the take up reel.

Is Lyson aware of this Eco-HS1 ink??

I'll be honest, I am not aware of the Eco-HS1 ink. We have Lyson distributors in Austrailia that could provide more info if you are interested.

bloobird0

are the Lyson 133 inks able to work together with genuine SS21 inks?

I mean, I would like to switch to Lyson inks during the switch, can I mix both ink sets? I don't really want to throw non empty genuine ink carts.

dmcprint

Bloobird0 - For the best performance, we recommend that you convert over to any of our digital inks all at once. This involves installing a complete set of ink cartridges and performing ink fills. If you have any other questions, just ask!

Danielle Coakley
Ink Jet Technician
Nazdar

gordm

I'm currently using ES3 but would like to switch to SS21, does anybody know if I have to flush the lines with solvent before converting?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
SS21 but on Monday we are converting to JVV

Good luck - just use those tips I gave you a couple weeks back and it should be a smooth transition. Shoot me an email and I will email you a couple of the custom profiles I created. They might work pretty well for you - unless of course you are goign to be creating your own.