• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polling problem with Flexi 7.6v1

stopngo

Hi All. My problem is that when polling my FC5100-130 (54" Graphtec) plotter, the numbers come back for the width 1 decimal place off. Example, the cutter will say that the media is 22.3 in wide but when polling the software says 2.230 in wide. Any idea why this is?

Thanks,
Corey
<!-- / message -->

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Okay then has this machine worked with previous versions of Flexi without having this problem? Has it worked okay with any other software? What changes have you made to your setup, including your computer, plotter and any software you installed or changed anything about in the week or so preceding the first time you noticed the problem?

Last edited:

jayhawksigns

I notice the same thing occassionally, but I haven't upgrade to anything 7.6 yet, still using 7.5v5. Any my main plotter is a Summa.

stopngo

Yes, I just installed 7.6v1 this week and had 7.5v5 on previously. Didn't have any problems with the earlier version.

Fred Weiss said:
Okay then has this machine worked with previous versions of Flexi without having this problem? Has it worked okay with any other software? What changes have you made to your setup, including your computer, plotter and any software you installed or changed anything about in the week or so preceding the first time you noticed the problem?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You might want to check with your distributor then about geting a copy of 7.6v2. I got mine about two weeks ago.

stopngo

Downloaded and installed the upgrade for 7.6v2 and still no good. Received and email from eSupport @ Flexi and this is a direct quote:

"Corey,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

You are correct that is a bug in the software. It is a known issue and at this point there isn’t a fix."

So There you have it.<o:p></o:p>

sign-solutions

Definitely a bug. Just upgraded to 7.6 and now see the same polling issues:
1) When using "Roll1" on Graphtec, Polling twice causes decimal place to be off by factor of 10.
2) When using "Sheet" on Graphtec, it measures correctly!

Sign & Graphic Solutions, Inc.