• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pontoon Boat

ChicagoGraphics

What would a 20ft pantoon boat cost to wrap, the panels are about 28"x4' about 55'x28" total with installation?

This boat has already been wraped I would just like to know what everybody else would charge. I will post the price this person paid for it
later on today.

Thanks

weaselboogie

I just measured one. thinking its around 130 sq ft.

My quote was half of darlak, but the panels were new and not installed yet ( no rivets, flat panels. )

ChicagoGraphics

Darlak was right on, but I would have been where weaselboogie quoted at, no removal this was a brand new pantoon boat, flat panels no rivets to.

Thanks for your answers, and have a great holiday weekend.

the graphics co

4500 for 130 sq.ft of vinyl and install seems pretty steep to me. Especially on flat panels that have no rivets. I have a pontoon boat i am going out to quote early next week, maybe i need to reconsider my pricing for it.

Can i ask why you are charging so much on this? Are there pitfalls or difficult areas?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Holy smokin' high pricing Batman!! God knows I wish we could get $35 per sf installed here. Is that costing extra due to installing it while the boat is in the water, during a storm floating free with 4 foot waves? Here we can only get around 10 to 12 per sf installed. We would be around 1300 to 1600 (as long as the panels are propery prepared ahead of time anyways), of course a good bit more if we are removing existing vinyl and prepping the panels and of course artwork time would be in addition as well.

Stuckup

Its a Boat, It requires premium material. Requires experienced installer, a premium for a NICHE market. Perceived value is what we have to quote on. Never under sell your self, why go to work to just earn wages, you need PROFIT to go on, don't feel guilty. Ask the clients their budget, they usually tell a high price, and then do a great job. "What can You afford" usually gets a over statement, then I go a bit under on price, supply over that, but a a good earn.

HulkSmash

Its a Boat, It requires premium material. Requires experienced installer, a premium for a NICHE market. Perceived value is what we have to quote on. Never under sell your self, why go to work to just earn wages, you need PROFIT to go on, don't feel guilty. Ask the clients their budget, they usually tell a high price, and then do a great job. "What can You afford" usually gets a over statement, then I go a bit under on price, supply over that, but a a good earn.

It requires the same materials i wrap cars with, and it's about half as easy.

No one is going to pay 5k for that. 35 a sqft? I wish.

Stuckup

4.5k not 5k lol, and a boat is not a car. If you dont install to suit, well, it may fail. I had a boat I had to fly to Fiji to fix. The installer failed to seal edges over here. Started at front of boat, Patch heaven, not good. They did the hull in 600mm x 2metre pieces, we did it again in 1200mm by length of boat. Heck, ask what a BOAT paint job is, its massive, and quote under you win it. The 280 passenger ferries I did were wrapped for 18k, 1 weeks work, yet a paint job was 35k. So , whats wrong with making 10k in a week. You save them, you make good money

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This is a pontoon boat folks. Not a speedboat, big long aluminum tubes with an aluminum framed deck on top. The graphics will essentially never get hit with water any hard than rain, no part of the graphics will even be within a full foot of the waterline. Each section is sized to fit on a perfectly flat panel. The install is stupidly easy. This is one we finished yesterday. Printed on 3M 180CV3, gloss laminated. Used precisely 218 inches on a 54" roll. We do have a big lake here so we end up doing these a lot. On this one the customer is 100% of the prep on the boat including removing all adhesive and the original graphics per our instructions. They also brought the boat to our shop. We did the design, print, and install. Total cost to the customer, $1185.00 which is $250 design, $722.50 materials (8.50 sf based on actual material use), $212.50 install. In our market, this is a tad on the high side of competitive. Other shops who are somewhat competent would probably be about $150 or so less. Of course there are also a couple of incompetent shops around who will go even less.

I will also agree that if the market you are selling or working in can fetch $35 per SF then by all means that is what you should charge. You need to charge what your market area dictates and I do know that pricing is very much regional and will vary quite a bit by where you happen to be in the world. I know I can sell a wrap to a client in Atlanta just 3.5 hours away and charge $3 more per SF on average than I can a local client and charge more for the install since I'll either sub it out or send my guys on a road trip.

Attachments

• DSC01063.jpg
    DSC01063.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 118
  • toon1.jpg
    toon1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 126

HulkSmash

4.5k not 5k lol, and a boat is not a car. If you dont install to suit, well, it may fail. I had a boat I had to fly to Fiji to fix. The installer failed to seal edges over here. Started at front of boat, Patch heaven, not good. They did the hull in 600mm x 2metre pieces, we did it again in 1200mm by length of boat. Heck, ask what a BOAT paint job is, its massive, and quote under you win it. The 280 passenger ferries I did were wrapped for 18k, 1 weeks work, yet a paint job was 35k. So , whats wrong with making 10k in a week. You save them, you make good money

Your logic is hilarious.

Since you didn't install it right the first time on a boat you've done doesn't mean others will fail. We're not talking about a 280 passenger ferry. We're talking about a flat surfaced pontoon. You can't take your past experience in wrapping a ferry, and apply it the same pricing point.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Can i ask why you are charging so much on this?

i don't expect to get every job i quote, but when i do get them, i'm am being paid what i demand. and the customer is always happy.

i just had a customer return who had gone with a cheaper quote and he sent me pictures of the job, i had to laugh, i'd post them here, but i 'm not dragging my business on the web.

he's back and happy to be paying the price, because he never has to worry about quality.

i've learned that its not worth it to get every job, but get the ones that pay. life is too short to spend it working all the time.

S'N'S

Your logic is hilarious.
Originally Posted by Stuckup http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1005954#post1005954

Since you didn't install it right the first time on a boat you've done doesn't mean others will fail. We're not talking about a 280 passenger ferry. We're talking about a flat surfaced pontoon. You can't take your past experience in wrapping a ferry, and apply it the same pricing point.

Don't think he originally done the job, just repaired it

Last edited by a moderator: