• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poor bevel effect

meltsner

as long as this thread has been active couldnt you just replicate it .. it doesnt look that difficult

....That I did. :wink: I figured it would take me quite a bit longer than it did, but it took me about 45 min. or so. It still needs a few minor fixes, but otherwise it will do much better than what CD created. Old's on left of pic, new on right. I probably should have used a conical fill instead of linear such as the inside of the corners, which I may redo yet. However, it will be on black, so it will look a little better.

Anyway, thanks for all the help/suggestions, appreciate it!

Attachments

• bevelcapture2.jpg
    bevelcapture2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 67

DrCAS

The reason the bevels do that is because the computer and software can only use algorithms when defining the bevel. The bevels are absolutely mathematically correct but they are not visually correct. The computer can not fudge anything. It can't. It doesn't think and can not reason. It only deals in absolutes. I like to deal with Absolute, too, but usually with ice tea.