• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Portable Heaters

Bigdee

Winter is here and it's getting cold.

Anyone use portable heaters during wrap installs?

I rent out a section of a fairly large shop that doesn't have adequate heating.

Making my install not a fun experience...

Does anyone have experience in this situation and can recommend a heater(s)?

I'm thinking of buying a few oscillating infrared heaters and directing those at the vehicle while I'm working.

I work in a fairly open area so I need more direct heating I assume?

Think that'll work?

Last edited:

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
When I had my first shop, it was in a HUGE warehouse. I bought a large easy up type tent and a large tarp to make a mini tent for cars in the warehouse and ran a cyclone heater into it. Got warm real quick. Just don't aim it at the area you're working in...to much breeze.

Bigdee

When I had my first shop, it was in a HUGE warehouse. I bought a large easy up type tent and a large tarp to make a mini tent for cars in the warehouse and ran a cyclone heater into it. Got warm real quick. Just don't aim it at the area you're working in...to much breeze.

That is such a good idea KW. Thank you so much. I think that might just do the trick. Now I need to hunt for a large tent.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
That is such a good idea KW. Thank you so much. I think that might just do the trick. Now I need to hunt for a large tent.

They sell them at Tractor supply, Lowe's etc. They are the ones you see people parking thier cars under in thier yards and stuff.

401Graphics

i have a 60,000btu kerosene heater, heats up my garage in ten min. also installed a modine "hotdog" 30,000btu propane heater a couple years ago, but hardly use it now.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Not really portable but my new install shop has three 85000 BTU natural gas forced air heaters. With all 3 running you can warm the entire 5000sf up in less than 5 minutes. :Big Laugh Pretty much have found that we really only need to run one so far and even it cuts off a good bit. At our old shop, we also did Kentucky's method. Had an Easy Up tent (with optional sides) and used a couple of the radiant propane heaters that mount on top of a propane tank. Worked pretty good without the wind and noise of a fan forced heater.