• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

POS Software

ma_dutch

POS -vs- Shop Management software

To clarify
POS = Point of Sale = inventory and cash register
Flexi = coolest sign design software ever!
Cyrious = sign shop management

----
As for sign shop management software; there are several out there.
Cyrious, Estimate, DataSign, Casper, Sign-Tracker, Accutrack, and a few others.

The differences between the programs are significant “to say the least”. Large/Small, complex/simple, online/local install; your selection needs to be based on your needs and the cost of the program.

SOME POINTS TO CONSIDER!
Entry costs – startup $ and time
Requirements – hardware, connectivity, setup, IT guys
Modules – what you actually need (contact management, estimating, mfg, accounting, etc.)
Users – how many people will be using it and what are the costs per user/group
Support – quality and cost
Upgrades – what are the options (Cost, hardware, time, etc.)
Will it help you grow and be able to grow with you or will you be replacing it when you get larger.

So, there you go! All of the above companies have a strong web presence and will be more than happy to provide you with more information that you can hope for.

Take care!

James

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiknNutz

What do you need/want the software to do? There are many solutions out there, each with varying feature-sets.

cr.designs

I'm looking for a quick and easy estimating software to create estimates, invoices, and workorders. I've used Cyrious for a long time and its great, but I'm at a new shop and its just so expensive. We are thinking about using Quick Books because of price, but there is no estimating feature at all.